Sandhan Milkyway Camping Camp is just right for you.
You will be camping in Samrad Village near Sandhan Valley one of the darkest spots in Maharashtra. Our campsite will be away from the village with a clear view of the night sky Milky Way galaxy is visible around the new moon in the summer season.
There is something beautiful about sleeping out under the stars. It gives us those moments of realization and tells us we are just so tiny in comparison to the cosmos. The unique sensation of waking up at the chirping of birds and not the alarm clock is simply out of this world!
Let's create some amazing star trail timelapse and capture the band of the Milky Way galaxy.
Know Before You Go:
- Trek Duration : 30 mins trek, 30 mins walk
- Water Sources : Base Village
- Washroom Facilities : Base Village (Limited Facilities)
- Base Village : Samrad
- Nearby City : Igatpuri
- Mode of Transport : Sumo/Maxx from Kasara to Samrad (10 Seater)
- Vehicle Travel Distance : 110 kms one way
- Vehicle Travel Duration : 3 Hours one way
- Batch Size : Minimum 8, Maximum 30
- Washroom/Changing rooms available at Base Village.
- Camping under the cleariest skies of Maharashtra
- Trek and Rappelling to the Grand Canyon of India : Sandhan Valley
Cost for Trek
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1780/- per person. (Kasara To Kasara)
- Cost without transport: Rs. 1300/- per person.
- Travelling from Kasara to Kasara
- Camping Tents
- Rappelling in Sandhan Valley
- Meals as mentioned below.
- Day 1 - 1 Dinner (Veg)
- Day 2 - 1 Breakfast
- Trekking expertise charges.
Dates: 09-10 / 16-17 Dec 2023 (Leaving by Saturday Afternoon)
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704 / 7021945522
- Magnificent view of the Huge Valley
- Fully shadowed trek! Say bye to sun rays!
- Rappelling thrill
- Chimney crossing
Board CSMT-Kasara Fast Local (If you miss the train, you miss the event)
- 12:30 pm : CSMT
- 12:43 pm : Dadar
- 12:54 pm : Ghatkopar
- 01:06 pm : Mulund
- 01:12 pm : Thane
- 03:16 pm : Dombivali
- 01:28 pm : Kalyan
- 02:44 pm : Kasara
03:00 pm : Move towards Base Village
07:30 pm : Reach Base Village and Have dinner.
08:30 pm : Go for exploration.
11:00 pm : Move towards campsite and settle down.
11:30 pm : Fun games and Campfire if time permits
01:00 am : Sleep in tent.
- 07:30 am : Wake up call and Freshen-up
- 08:00 am : Back to Base Village and Have Breakfast. Start Trek towards rappelling site after short briefing and Introduction
- 08:30 am : Reach Rappelling Point and Start Rappelling (It might take around 2-3 hours to finish rappelling for entire batch, depending on the batch size)
- 10:00 am : Explore Valley
- 10:30 am : Back to Base Village.
- 11:30 am : Visit Bhandardhara Backwater for 10 mins and move towards Kasara
- 04:00 pm : Reach Kasara and Board Kasara - CSMT Fast Local
- 06:30 pm : Reach CSMT
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- PhonePay - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
Things to Carry :
- 1-2 Litre of Water
- Snacks for Journey
- Trekking or Sports Shoes
- Glucon D or Elecrolyte Powder
- Medicine as necessary to you
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SR won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
- Dear Rangers, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact SR buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1- Are there any other pickup points :
- Yes, we have pickup points from Kasara.
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
- No washrooms are available during the trek.
3- Can we bring our vehicle to the base village and is parking available?
- Parking is available in Base, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owners parks at their own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
- Please carry 1-2 liters of water, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai Pune on the time mentioned?
- The itinerary is the approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case the bus reaches late SR will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****
What is included in the tour
- Vehicle fare from Kasara to base village and return
- Saturday Dinner and Tent stay (3 people sharing basis)
- Sunday Breakfast & Veg Lunch (Local Thali)
- Entry Fees
- First Aid, Guide and Expertise Charges Only
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above.