These General Guidelines are to be followed only after the present restrictions are removed/relaxed. Only for your own/co-participant safety and the safety of general population in the areas you may visit for activities.
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts, and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure to your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache, etc. at the time of the beginning of the activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authorities with his own expenses.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet when you sleep in the night. If for some reason such distancing is not possible, then try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Do carry plastic sheets as ground-sheet. (Remember to bring them back!)
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing tapir which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for COVID within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the
group so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his COVID test results.
- While planning any adventure activity, remember that you have been idle at home during the lock-down period. Try and achieve a minimum physical fitness.
- Carry your own cutlery for hygiene and safety purpose (Plate, Bowl, Spoon and Tea mug)
- Convey your true medical conditions to organizers while enrolling after activity completion found positive if any.
- Carry hand sanitizer (alcohol>70%) in sufficient quantity with you. Also, wear masks while interacting with each other.
- Carry an extra mask and face-shield. Use face-shield in traveling while you may interact with co-participant.
- Hydrate yourself properly throughout the Activity.
- Do not eat from the same plate or do not share your food or water bottle with anybody.
- Avoid using a sleeping bag or sleeping mattress of another person, carry your own required material/personal gear.
- Spitting spreads several diseases and is BAD for social hygiene in general. So spitting is prohibited and so avoid spitting.
- Dig small toilet pits for morning chores and fill them with soil before leaving the place. While using soil, mix disinfectant in the soil.
- Do not urinate on the trail or in flowing water, go to a safe distance away from the trail.
- Always wash your hand with sanitizer before touching any food item or touching the face.
- Arogya Setu App compulsory in each participant mobile with Bluetooth enabled.
- Follow practices based on Leave No Trace (LNT) Seven Principles strictly, especially with respect to disposable masks and gloves, tissue paper and wastage/litter.
- Carry Plastic bag for wastage/litter takes back to home.
- Do not wander off the trail unnecessarily.
- Do not touch vehicle door knobs/handles, window panes, window bars, seat bars, etc. unnecessarily.
- Use a personal face-shield with a mask while in travel.
- Use sanitizer while entering and exiting the vehicle. Also, carry a spare bed sheet to cover your own seat when you are traveling.
- While taking out water from the water source, do not dip your water bottles directly into it. One group member should take water out from the source by using sanitized bottles or use utensils like ograle, danda patella, pohra
, etc. to take out the water. DO NOT contaminate the water by dipping your hands, feet or utensils directly into the water.
- Avoid bathing during a day activity especially in ponds, reservoirs etc. However, clean your hands regularly. But don’t wash your hands or feet near the water source.
- Don’t wash utensils anywhere near the water.
- Have minimal interaction with the local village population
- When required, only the leader of the group should visit the village.
- If you engage any villager as a guide or help, do
provide him with a mask.
- Avoid gifting things to villagers in the current context.
- If the villagers are in need of anything or are in trouble, gather all the facts and convey it to the proper government authority or any NGO working locally.