- Region: Uttarakhand
- Duration : 4 Nights / 5 Days
- Grade: Easy To Moderate
- Max Altitude : 12,500ft
- Approx Trekking Km: 20Km.
- Group Size: 12-15
- Age Group: 12 to 50 Years
- Base Camp: Sankri
Kedarkantha Peak is Situated in the lofty Garhwal Himalayas, the Kedarkantha peak offers a very accessible trek, any time of the year. The Kedarkantha Trek takes you on a memorable journey starting with the Govind National Park which is a treasure house of flora and fauna such as leopards, bears, musk deer, and many birds! The uniqueness of this trek lies in the way it mixes beautiful scenery with a challenging route. Days will be warm but nights are to watch out for as sub-zero temperatures are a common phenomenon. All the challenges aside, at an altitude of 3800m/12,500 feet, the trek promises a sweeping view from the peak.
COST OF THE TRIP
Dehradun -Kedarkantha - Dehradun
Trek Charges: 8500/- (Discounted charges for booking done before 31st Jan : 7500/-)
24 Dec - 28 Dec 2022
Travel Guide Till Dehradun from Mumbai
- Before 2 Days take Garibrath Exp in Evening From Mumbai To Delhi. (Train fare 900/- 3AC)
- Then the next day you will reach Delhi by 10.00 Am
- After that take Dehradun Volvo Bus from ISBT Delhi. ( Bus fare 600- 800/-)
- The bus will take 6 hrs to reach Dehradun.
- Take a room in Dehradun.
- The next day we will pick you for Kedarkantha trek in Morning at 06.00 AM
Day 1: Arrival at Sankri
- Altitude: 6,400 feet
- 220 km drive - approx 10 hours
- Trekkers will be picked from Dehradun at 6:30am in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle
- Expected arrival time at Sankri – 5:00 pm
- BSNL network erratic
Day 2: Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab
- Altitude: 6,400 feet to 9,100 feet
- 4 kms trek, approx 5 hours
- The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows
- Stay in tents
Day 3: Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base
- Altitude: 9,100 feet to 11,250 feet
- 4 kms trek, approx 2.5 hours
- Most of today’s trail is on a ridge, under oak trees
- You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot shepherd log huts
- Peaks :- Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others
- Stay in tents
Day 4: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak; descend to Hargaon camp
- Altitude: 11,250 feet to 12,500 feet to 8,900 feet
- 6 kms trek, approx 7 hours
- Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch
- Post lunch, descend down to Hargaon
- Reach Hargaon by evening
- Stay in tents
Day 5: Hargaon camp to Sankri then Dehradun
- Altitude: 8,900 feet to 6,400 feet
- 6 kms trek, approx 4 hours
- Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests
- Departure (Sankri to Dehradun)
- You will be dropped at Dehradun station in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle
- Note: On Day 5, you’ll reach Dehradun between 10 pm and 11 pm. You can book your travel any time after 11 pm.
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay – 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
If the participant does not reach the meeting point / pickup point on time, he/she will be considered as dropout and no refund will be provided in such case.
In case of cancellation done in advance following parameters apply.
- 80% will be refunded if cancelled 45 days in advance.
- 75% will be refunded if cancelled 30 days in advance.
- 50% will be refunded if cancelled 20 days in advance.
- 25% will be refunded if cancelled 10 days in advance.
- 0% refund if cancelled within 72 hours of the event date and time
The Things to Carry :
- Backpack & Rain Cover (40-60 Litres)
- Trekking Shoes
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Three (Five in winter) Warm Layers
- Two trek pants (one Wear and one carry)
- Two collared t-shirts
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- woolen sweater
- Sunscreeen Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Sun cap
- Normal Cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Three pair of Socks
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes)
You do not carry:
- Jholas / sling bag.
- Do not wear sandal, floater, chappal or ballerinas.
- Please avoid wearing Jewelry.
- Alcohol or any narcotic substance.
Equipment on rents
- Jacket: 500 complete trek
- Shoes: 500 complete trek
- Walking pole :₹ 200
- Wear full clothes.
- Avoid wearing jewelry.
Disclaimer : The participants who wish to reach the event starting point in their own vehicle have to reach the meeting point at given time, post that organisers may go out of network range and wont be able to assist. In such situation the organiser shall not be liable for any inconvenience what-so-ever and the participants will be considered as dropouts against which no refund will be made. The organiser reserves the right to make necessary change in itinerary at any time before or during the event based on situation at hand. Trek leaders decision will be final and binding, no arguments will be entertained. During the event if any participant or group does not follow safety instructions and indulges in acts that lead to physical harm, or gets lost in the forest / mountain the organisers will not be held liable for it. Tickets can be cancelled 7 days prior to the event and 25% amount will be refunded. No refund will be made in case a person misses the train/bus mentioned in the itinerary. Booking amount is non Refundable. Stay options mentioned in the itinerary are subject to natural conditions i.e tents cant be pitched if rains and/or rain storm is being predicted. In such cases an attempt will me made to provide shelter for the night. Food during the trekking and camping events is sourced locally from villages and we put in our best efforts to provide the best, participants should acknowledge the fact that remote village people are not trained for catering services and our expectations should be accommodating. Sahyadri Rangers has a reputation of providing memorable experience for trekkers and adventure lovers our events are not deigned for tourists or fussy people. Trekking and camping belong to Adventure Sports industry where the participants are part of a "team", there are no waiters, caterers, guests/clients.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Transportation from and To Dehradun(Depends on Package)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.