Ghangad Fort Details
- Ghangad Fort Height 3000 feet
- Region: Lonavla
- Grade: Easy
- Duration Trek - 1 Day trek
- Without travel Pune & Mumbai: Rs 700 /-
- With travel Mumbai: Rs 1500 /-
( Pickup: Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, Dadar, Bhandup and Vashi )
**10 Minimum participants based on first come first serve**
About Ghangad Fort
Maharashtra has many trekking attractions. One such place is Ghangad Fort Trek situated in the Lonavala region in Mulshi Taluka, Pune. Being an essential part of the Western Ghat Sahyadri, Ghangad Fort is a very extraordinary fort in Pune.
The view of the Ghangad Fort from Ekole village is beyond praise. Ekole village is the base village. The best time to visit the Fort is between June to March when the climatic conditions are right. It takes around one and half hour to reach the top.
Ghangad Fort established in the center of Tamhini Ghat Pune. It has Tailbaila, Korigad, Sarasgad, and Sudhagad nearby but still separated from them. Till 1818, the Ghangad Fort was under the rule of the Great Maratha Empire. The Korigad had fallen on March 17, 1818. After this fall, it was surrendered to the British Forces. Ghangad was used to detain the prisoners.
Date: 25 Oct 2020 (Leaving by Sat Night)
- Breathtaking scenes as seen from Ghangad Fort top.
- Waterfall in Lonavala as seen en-route to Ghangad Fort trek.
- Views from Ghangad Fort.
- Tail Baila as seen from Ghangad Fort.
- Foggy conditions at Aamby valley road.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai by Private bus
- Breakfast & Tea ( Packed Poha )
- Lunch ( Veg Thali )
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till pickup points
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Pick Up Points: (Saturday Night)
- 11.00 pm - Meet the Leaders at Oberoi mall, Goregaon
- 11.10 pm - Andheri Bisleri
- 11.30 pm - Pickup from Dadar East, TT Circle
- 11.50 pm - Bhandup Pumping Station
- 12.00 am - Airoli
- 12.30 am - Vashi
Further, depart to base Village.
- 04:00 am: Reaching base village.
- 04:30 am: Wake up Time. Breakfast.
- 05.00 am: Start Trek
- 07.00 am - Reach the top
- 07.30 am - Explore
- 09.00 am - Start descending
- 11.00 am - Reach Base village and proceed to Dhabba for lunch.
- 12.00 pm - Lunch
- 03.30 pm - Start return journey
- 06.00 pm - Reach Mumbai (Tentatively)
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Paytm - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts, and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure to your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache, etc. at the time of the beginning of the activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authorities with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for COVID within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his COVID test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SR won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
- Dear Rangers, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact SR buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1- Are there any other pickup points :
- Yes, we have another pickup points from Mumbai.
- Mumbai: Goregaon, Dadar, Mulund, and Vashi
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
- No washrooms are available during the trek.
3- Can we bring our vehicle to the base village and is parking available?
- Parking is available in Base, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owners parks at own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
- Please carry 1-2 liters of water, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai Pune on time mentioned?
- The itinerary is the approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case the bus reaches late SR will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****