Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Sondai is not such a famous fort near Karjat Chowk Phata. Sondai Fort Trek is nine kilometers from Karjat railway station. It offers a beautiful view of Morbe Dam, Prabalgad, Irshalgad, Rajmachi, Songiri forts, Karnala Fort, and Matheran mountain range. Sondai Fort Karjat was used as a watchtower to protect the trade routes. Sondewadi and Wavarle are the base villages of Sondai fort. Sondewadi village is situated at 1/4th height of this Fort.
There are two water cisterns on, and steps are carved out of rocks to go on the topmost point where an idol of Sondai Devi stands. Two more water cisterns are on the way and have potable water. Waverle is another village from where a bit difficult approach to the Fort passes through the dense forest. Sondai trek, an iron ladder, has been installed. It has made the climb till the summit to seak the blessing of Sondai Devi temple safer for all the hikers and devotees.
Date: 31 July 2021 (Saturday)
Rs. 499 without transport / Rs. 999 with transport
- Whatsapp 7666606704 before booking
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Phonepay - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
- 3-4 Cisterns which hold water.
- Sondai Devi Statue and 2-3 carved idols which are kept under a tree.
- Beautiful and enormous Matheran Mountain Range which is heaven to witness during monsoons!
- Morbe Dam which gives an amazing view during monsoons.
- The breathtaking view of Vavarle Dam holding the monsoon rain water.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel by private non-Ac bus
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
- 05:00 am: Meet the Sahyadri Rangers Leader at Oberoi Mall, Goregaon
- 05:15 am: Pick up Andheri Hanuman Road Bus Stop
- 05:30 am: Pick up from Dadar TT Circle
- 06:00 am: Pick up from Bhandup Pumping station
- 06:10 am: Pick up from Airoli
- 06:40 am: Pick up from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
- 08:00 am: Reach base village and Have breakfast
- 08:30 am: Start the trek
- 10:00 am: Reach the top and explore the fort
- 11:00 pm: Start descend
- 01:00 pm: Reach base village.
- 01:30 pm: Start return journey
- 07:00 pm: Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Raincoat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SR won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
- Dear Rangers, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact SR buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts, and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure to your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache, etc. at the time of the beginning of the activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authorities with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for COVID within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his COVID test results.