Kalsubai Peak is the Highest Peak of the Maharashtra & Sahyadris (1646M/5400ft) in the Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar District of Maharashtra. Kalsubai Temple is Located at the Topmost peak of Sahyadri Mountain Range Of Maharashtra. To reach the summit there are various trekking routes and animal tracks. The main route starts from the village of Bari which is about six km from Bhandardara. To reach Bari, one has to travel to Igatpuri on the Mumbai Nasik route.
Day 1 : Saturday.
Pune People: Travel by 07.50pm Kolhapur Ahmedabad express (11050 ). People from Chinchwad / Talegaon Catch 07.05pm Pune- Lonavala local from the respective station and reach Lonavala and board Kolhapur Ahmedabad express for Kalyan and catch the connected Local to Kasara after having Dinner in any of the nearby Hotel around Kalyan Station.
Kolhapur Ahmedabad express -(11050)
07.50pm – Pune Station
08.45pm – Lonavala
09.30pm – Karjat
10.15pm – Kalyan
Mumbai People: Please Catch 10.50pm KASARA Local from CST and meet us at Kasara
10.50 pm : CST
10:57 pm: Byculla
11:05 pm: Dadar
11:13 pm: Kurla
11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
11:34 pm: Thane
Day 1 : Sunday.
12:07 am: Kalyan
01:18 am: Kasara
Depart 2 base village by Private vehicle
(If you miss the train you miss the trek)
Reach Base village and rest till down
Start Trek to witness Sunrise from highest peak of maharashtra.
05.00am : Wake up call
06.00am : Start Trek after Breakfast and Tea
09.30am : Reach the top of Kalsubai and Explore
10.30am : Start descending to base village
01.30pm : Reach base village and Lunch
03.00pm : Start return journey to Kasara.
04.00pm : Catch Local for Mumbai / Kalyan
07.00pm : Reach Mumbai or Pune.
Things to Carry :
- 3 liters of water (Must)
- Raincoat / Poncho / Umbrella (Must)
- Torch with extra batteries (Must)
- Bedding like Shawl / bed-sheet
- Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
- Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
- Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes
- Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
- Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
- Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
- Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
- A haversack to put in all the things.
- Good to have stick for support.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Kasara to Kasara
- Breakfast, Tea and Lunch
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets, Mineral water.
- Any kind of insurance, Softdrinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.