About Sandhan Valley:
Sandhan Valley is a unique experience combining adventure activities such as Rappelling and staying amidst nature. Sandhan valley is a water-carved valley around 200 feet deep. Sandhan is located near the beautiful Bhandardara region near the village called Samrad. Samrad village and Sandhan Valley are surrounded by Alang, Madan, and Kulang Mountains.
Sandhan Valley trek starts from Samrad village. Total trek time is around 2 hours which includes rappelling and crossing a pool of water. And deep gorges and one of its kinds of life experience which you feel at end of the trek.
The Great Grand Dad of all Treks - The Valley of Shadows, Where you'll hardly get to see the sunlight, isolated from the outer world, dead silence, passing through those deep creepy ponds, lifeless rocks and boulders, Echoes of your own footsteps will make you feel like a presence of some entity, sleeping by the waterfall with the nocturnal creatures in sub-freezing temperature. You'll remember these 4 hours throughout your lifetime.
Brilliant & deep narrow rock floored ravine between the two high walls of a mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft so that at some places sun rays unable to reach. So it's called the valley of the shadow.
To go to the end side of the gorge you have to cross 2-3 water pools, water level changes according to seasons, in winter it is up to waist & in summer it is up to knee height. At the end of the valley, you get a magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valleys.
Know Before You Go:
Duration of Sandhan Valley Trek: 1D,1N
Height of Sandhan Valley: 4100 ft.
Sandhan Valley Trekking Grade: Above Easy with Thrilling Patches.
Location: Bhandardara Region.
- Washroom/Changing rooms available at Base Village.
Date: 25-26 Dec 2021 (Leaving by Sat Night) (From Mumbai)
- Without Rappelling + AC bus + Veg Breakfast and Lunch: 1499/-
- With Rappelling + AC Bus + Veg Breakfast and Lunch: 1750/-
- Without Rappelling + Veg Breakfast and Lunch : 799/-
- With Rappelling + Veg Breakfast and Lunch: 1050/-
- Magnificent view of the Huge Valley
- Fully shadowed trek! Say bye to sun rays!
- Rappelling thrill
- Chimney crossing
Pick Up Points: (Saturday Night)
- 10.00 pm - Oberoi Mall, Goregaon
- 10.10 pm - Andheri Hanuman Road
- 10.20 pm - Teachers colony, Khar
- 10.45 pm - Dadar East, TT Circle
- 11.15 pm - Nalanda Ghatkopar
- 11.30 pm - Teen hath Naka, Thane
- 12.10 am - Kalyan Bhiwandi Bypass
Further, depart to base Village.
- 05:00 am: Reach base village.
- 05:30 am: Wake up Time. Breakfast.
- 06.00 am: Start trekking towards Sandhan valley for Rappelling
- 09.00 am - Rappel down into the valley
- 09.00 am - Explore the Valley of Shadow
- 01.30 pm - Come back to the base village, change, and fresh up
- 02.30 pm - Have hot Veg lunch
- 03.30 pm - Start return journey
- 09.00 pm - Reach Mumbai (Tentatively)
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- PhonePay - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while interacting with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts, and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure to your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache, etc. at the time of the beginning of the activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authorities with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for COVID within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his COVID test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SR won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
- Dear Rangers, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact SR buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1- Are there any other pickup points :
- Yes, we have another pickup points from Mumbai.
- Mumbai: Goregaon, Dadar, Mulund thane, and Kalyan
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
- No washrooms are available during the trek.
3- Can we bring our vehicle to the base village and is parking available?
- Parking is available in Base, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owners parks at their own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
- Please carry 1-2 liters of water, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai Pune on the time mentioned?
- The itinerary is the approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case the bus reaches late SR will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****
What is included in the tour
- To & Fro travel to Base village by private AC vehicle.
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Rappelling Charges
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above.