- Date: 11-12 June 2022 (Leaving Sat Evening)
- Cost: 1399/-
- Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Total Trek Distance: 15 k.m. approx.
Rajmachi is one of the best places to see millions of fireflies at one place in India. Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that make light.
Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains. It consists of two twin fortresses Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manaranjan Balekilla, with a wide machi surrounding the two Balekillas.
Experience night trek to scenic Rajmachi. There are two trails to reach rajamachi, one is from Karjat whereas the most typical famous trail is from Lonavala. We will start our trek from Lonavala in the Night hour and on day 2 during descending towards Karjat we will be visiting one of the beautiful ancient Buddhist caves that are Kondane Caves.
We are going to cover both the routes, from Lonavala partly by jeep and then walk up to Udhewadi which is approximately 4 km. The next day we shall descend through Karjat route and visit Kondhane Caves en-route to Kondivade village.
Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
Shrivardhan Fort and Caves.
Manaranjan Fort if time permits.
Day 1 (Saturday)
- Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station - 09:00 PM (Refer how to reach the Venue)
- Move to Udhewadi (Rajmachi) - approx 01 hour.
- Dinner at Rajmachi Village.
- Night stay in a homestay on sharing basis. (refer things to bring)
Day 2: (Sunday)
- Morning alarm and Fresh up - 5.00 AM
- Fresh up and Breakfast at Rajmachi Home
- Start descending towards Kondhane village - 07.00 am
- Visit Kondana caves on the way to base village.
- The base village to Karjat Railway station by hired vehicle - 1 hour
How to Reach the Venue:
- By train - 17.50 11009 SINHAGAD EXPRESS from Mumbai CSTM/Dadar to Lonavala
- By road - Reach Lonavala Railway station ticket counter by 9:00 p.m.
- By train - 07.05 pm Pune to Lonavala local train.
- By road - Reach Lonavala Railway station ticket counter by 09:00 PM
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay / Phone Pay/ Amazon Pay – 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Lonavala to base village by Jeep
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast
- Villager House Homestay (No Private Room)
- Travelling Kondhane Village to Karjat Station
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Lonavala and back from Karjat
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required