The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad trek. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century.These caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya.
Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to mahadeva as a totem of tribes koli mahadev. they was control the fort before the Moguls. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
04-05 April 2020 (Leaving By Sat Night)
- Breathtaking Kokankada
- Beautiful Clouds view from Kokankada
- Kedareshwar Cave
- Shiva Linga, which is completely surrounded by water
- Temple of Harishchandreshwar
- Saptatirtha Pushkarni
- Breathtaking view of Konkankada
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains
Please board the below train and meet us at Kasara Railway Station near the Ticket counter
Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
Board local train till Kasara.
- 11:30 Move towards the base village in by private local vehicle.
- 03:00 Reach base village and start ascending.
- 07:00 Reach Kokankada and explore.
- 08:00 Breakfast.
- 08:30 Move towards Harishchandreshwar temple.
- Visit Harishchandreshwar temple, Kedareshwar temple, Pushkarani, Caves.
- 10:00 Start descending.
- 13:00 Reach at base village and Lunch.
- 14:00 Start return journey towards Kasara Railway Station.
- 17:30 Reach Kasara station and disperse.
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name and Mobile No.
- Name: SURAJ PARAB
- A/c type: Saving account
- Bank: Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
For payment through UPI,
- Google Pay:7666606704
- Virtual Address - 7666606704@upi
- For payment through Paytm: 7666606704
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Kasara to Kasara
- Breakfast and Lunch at base village
- Tea in the morning
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- SR administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.