Harishchandragad Trek Event Details
- Harishchandragad Trek Difficulty Level: Easy
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Peak: 1.5 hours one way
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Climbing Harishchandragad Trek Distance: 2.5 km one way
- Harishchandragad height in feet: 4650 ft.
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad trek. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century.These caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya.
Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to mahadeva as a totem of tribes koli mahadev. they was control the fort before the Moguls. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
Date: 03-04 DEC 2022 (Leaving Saturday Morning)
- Mumbai (Kasara): Rs 1900/- (Travel from Kasara to Kasara, 1 Dinner, 1 Brekafast, 2 Lunch)
- Scenic View of Sunset-Sunrise from Kokankada is absolute divine
- Well built lake ‘Saptatirtha’ and Harishchandreshwar Temple
- Medieval era Kedareshwar Cave and interesting predictions of Local Legends!
- Whole plethora of Peaks :Taramati,Ajoba Fort, Kulang and many more..
- Night camping and bonfire
- Take 08.33 AM Kasara Fast Local
- 08.33 AM: CSMT
- 08.48 AM: Dadar
- 08.59 AM: Ghatkopar
- 09.15 AM: Thane
- 09.38 AM: Kalyan
- 10.48 AM: Kasara
- 11:00 AM: Report at Kasara Ticket Counter
- 11:15 AM: We board privately booked vehicles and head Dhaba for Snacks Break after Quick we move to Pachnai, where we will be commencing our trek. It’ll take approximately 3 hours to reach the village.
- 03:00 PM: We reach Base Village, from where you can get a glimpse of Harishchandrgad Kokankada rest for a while & Get your Lunch here and get ready to start the trek.
- 04:00 PM: Gear up, pack your bags and get your Shoes lace-up! It’s gonna be a long and dark climb to the top. We will make a few halts on the way where you can grab your snack or a drink.
- 06:00 PM: Reach Campsite on the top of Kokankada & get View of Beautiful Sunset..
- 09:00 PM: Prepare for a night under the sky have Delicious Local cuisine for Dinner, let the Arijit Singh in you come out, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends & enjoy the Bonfire Nights.
- 11:30 PM: Off to the tents for sound sleep( for those who are very sleepy)
- 05:00 AM: Wake up and fresh up
- 05:15 AM: Start our trek to Taramati Shikar
- 06:30 AM: Reach Taramati and watch the sunrise
- 08:00 AM: Reach Kokankada and have breakfast
- 08:00 AM - 09:30 AM: Relax and explore the fort Kokankada and Harishchandragad
- 09:30 AM: Start descending via the same route
- 12:00 PM: Reach base village and have lunch
- 01:00 PM: Depart for Kasara Station
- 05:00 PM: Reach Kasara Station (Arrival Time Depends on Pace of Group and Traffic)
- 05:18 PM: Take CSMT Fast Local
- 17:30 Reach Kasara station and disperse.
Things to Carry :
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water, Torch is must
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank optional
- Extra pair of clothes, socks, Sandal
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader's decisions will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "SAHYADRI RANGERS" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the campsite. There is only one toilet in the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy-weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed; please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good
What is included in the tour
- Food: Sat – Lunch & Dinner; Sun – Breakfast and Lunch
- Tented Accommodations on Triple or Quadruple basis
- Transport from Kasara to Kasara
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.