Grade: Easy | Endurance: Easy
Malshej ghat is a spectacle throughout the year. Before the road was constructed, walking up and down the hill was the only mode of transport for the villagers. Hence, this route is considered ancient. It has a carving of Lord Ganesha, water cisterns and occasional rock cut steps. Most of the route is covered in a canopy of green.
This route also has a few historical references during the time of war with the Portuguese. At the end of this route, we move to another trail, one that moves alongside a gushing Kalu river, fiercely meandering through during the monsoons. We walk as close to the waterfall as possible, generally possible only to a distance of 1.5 kms away from the base because of the massive flow of the river which is an impediment for crossing the river. Besides the Kalu Waterfall, you'll also get to see an unknown waterfall to the right, hidden in a gorge, nonetheless spectacular.
18-19 Sep 2021 (Leaving by Sat Night)
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private AC Bus from Goregaon to base and base to Goregaon
- Bf/Tea (Poha and Tea)
- Lunch (Basic village Daal, Rice, Bhakari, Sabji)
- Equipment and safety gears + Basic first aid kit
- Guide and Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Expenses any-kind
- Medical & Insurance
- Travel till pickup point
- Personal safety gears (Mask / Sanitizer / Tissues )
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusion
Pick Up Points: (Saturday Night)
- 10.30 pm - Oberoi Mall, Goregaon
- 10.40 pm - Andheri Hanuman Road
- 10.50 pm - Teachers colony, Khar
- 11.15 pm - Dadar East, TT Circle
- 11.25 pm - Nalanda Ghatkopar
- 11.40 pm - Teen hath Naka, Thane
- 12.20 am - Durgadi Chowk, Kalyan
Further, depart to base Village.
- 04.00 am: Reach Base Village
- 04.30 am: Breakfast and freshen up
- 05:00 am : Board a vehicle to the MTDC point from where the trek shall commence.
- 06.30 am : A short introduction and briefing, post which we'll be descending to the main jungle of Malshej Ghat.
- 10.00 am: An adventurous path through boulders, carved stairs and an iconic Ganpati Idol to reach the plateau.
- 10.30 am: We'll then move towards Waghachi wadi village and visit the Kalu waterfall from a distance of 1.5 km.
- 02.30 pm: Head back to the base village for Lunch.
- 05.30 pm: Start return journey
- 11.00 pm: Reach Mumbai
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- PhonePay - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while interacting with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts, and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure to your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache, etc. at the time of the beginning of the activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authorities with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for COVID within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his COVID test results.
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as Sahyadri Rangers treks and tours won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Dear Rangers, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact Trek Leader prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1- Are there any other pickup points :
- Yes, we have another pickup points from Mumbai.
- Mumbai: Goregaon Andheri, Dadar, Mulund, thane, and Kalyan
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
- No washrooms are available during the trek.
3- Can we bring our vehicle to the base village and is parking available?
- Parking is available in Base, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owners parks at their own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
- Please carry 1-2 liters of water, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai on the time mentioned?
- The itinerary is the approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case the bus reaches late SR will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****