Duration : 4 Nights / 5 Days
Grade: Easy To Moderate
Max Altitude : 12,500ft
Approx Trekking Km: 20Km.
Group Size: 12-15
Age Group: 12 to 50 Years
Base Camp: Sankri
Kedarkantha Peak is Situated in the lofty Garhwal Himalayas, the Kedarkantha peak offers a very accessible trek, any time of the year. The Kedarkantha Trek takes you on a memorable journey starting with the Govind National Park which is a treasure house of flora and fauna such as leopards, bears, musk deer, and many birds! The uniqueness of this trek lies in the way it mixes beautiful scenery with a challenging route. Days will be warm but nights are to watch out for as sub-zero temperatures are a common phenomenon. All the challenges aside, at an altitude of 3800m/12,500 feet, the trek promises a sweeping view from the peak.
COST OF THE TRIP
Sankri to Sankri: 7200/-
Dehradun to Dehradun: 8500/-
- 12 Dec To 16 Dec 2020
- 20 Dec To 24 Dec 2020
- 28 Dec To 01 Jan 2021 (New Year Special Batch)
- 05 Jan To 09 Jan 2021
- 24 Jan To 28 Jan 2021
Travel Guide Till Dehradun from Mumbai
- Before 2 Days take Garibrath Exp in Evening From Mumbai To Delhi. (Train fare 900/- 3AC)
- Then the next day you will reach Delhi by 10.00 Am
- After that take Dehradun Volvo Bus from ISBT Delhi. ( Bus fare 600- 800/-)
- The bus will take 6 hrs to reach Dehradun.
- Take a room in Dehradun.
- The next day we will pick you for Kedarkantha trek in Morning at 06.00 AM
Day 1: Arrival at Sankri
- Altitude: 6,400 feet
- 220 km drive - approx 10 hours
- Trekkers will be picked from Dehradun at 6:30am in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle
- Expected arrival time at Sankri – 5:00 pm
- BSNL network erratic
Day 2: Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab
- Altitude: 6,400 feet to 9,100 feet
- 4 kms trek, approx 5 hours
- The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows
- Stay in tents
Day 3: Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base
- Altitude: 9,100 feet to 11,250 feet
- 4 kms trek, approx 2.5 hours
- Most of today’s trail is on a ridge, under oak trees
- You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot shepherd log huts
- Peaks :- Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others
- Stay in tents
Day 4: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak; descend to Hargaon camp
- Altitude: 11,250 feet to 12,500 feet to 8,900 feet
- 6 kms trek, approx 7 hours
- Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch
- Post lunch, descend down to Hargaon
- Reach Hargaon by evening
- Stay in tents
Day 5: Hargaon camp to Sankri then Dehradun
- Altitude: 8,900 feet to 6,400 feet
- 6 kms trek, approx 4 hours
- Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests
- Departure (Sankri to Dehradun)
- You will be dropped at Dehradun station in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle
Note: On Day 5, you’ll reach Dehradun between 10 pm and 11 pm. You can book your travel any time after 11 pm.
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Paytm - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
New Yr batch sample itinerary :
26 Dec: Mumbai To Delhi by Rajdhani Exp (Train No. 02953)
27 Dec: Delhi to Rishikesh by Bus
28 Dec to 01 Jan Kedarkantha Trek
02 Jan: Leave for Delhi and catch Rajdhani (Train No. 02954)
03 Jan: Reach Mumbai by 07.00 AM
The Things to Carry :
- IDENTITY PROOF
- A GOOD TREKKING SHOES
- PONCHO, RAINCOAT
- 2 PAIR OF QUICK DRY TEES AND TRACK PANT.
- FULL BODY TOWEL 01 NOS.
- WARM JACKET
- WARM CLOTHES ▲WOOLLEN CAP
- SUNSCREEN LOTION
- LIP BALMS
- TISSUE PAPER
- PAPER SHOP
- TORCH /HEADLIGHT
- WOOLLEN GLOVES AND WATERPROOF GLOVES
- WOOLLEN STOKES ▲WATER BOTTLE 1 letter
- DARK SUNGLASSES
- TREKKING POLE
- BACK Pack (min 50litrs)
- PERSONAL MEDICAL KITS
- CAMERA WITH HUGE MEMORY CARD AND FULLY CHARGED WITH EXTRA BATTERIES.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Transportation from and To Dehradun(Depends on Package)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.