Duration : 4Nights / 5 Days
Grade : Easy To Moderate
Max Altitude : 12,500ft
Approx Trekking Km: 20Km.
Group Size : 12-15
Age Group : 12 to 50 Years
Base Camp : Sankri
Kedarkantha Peak is Situated in the lofty Garhwal Himalayas, the Kedarkantha peak offers a very accessible trek, any time of the year. The Kedarkantha Trek takes you on a memorable journey starting with the Govind National Park which is a treasure house of flora and fauna such as leopards, bears, musk deer and many birds! The uniqueness of this trek lies in the way it mixes beautiful scenery with a challenging route. Days will be warm but nights are to watch out for as sub-zero temperatures are a common phenomenon. All the challenges aside, at an altitude of 3800m/12,500 feet, the trek promises a sweeping view from the peak.
COST OF THE TRIP
Sankri to Sankri : 7200/-
Dehradun to Dehradun : 8500/-
- 22 Feb 2020 - 26 Feb 2020 (OPEN)
- 15 Mar 2020 - 20 Mar 2020 (OPEN)
Day 1: Arrival at Sankri
- Altitude: 6,400 feet
- 220 km drive - approx 10 hours
- Trekkers will be picked from Dehradun at 6:30am in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle
- Expected arrival time at Sankri – 5:00 pm
- BSNL network erratic
Day 2: Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab
- Altitude: 6,400 feet to 9,100 feet
- 4 kms trek, approx 5 hours
- The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows
- Stay in tents
Day 3: Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base
- Altitude: 9,100 feet to 11,250 feet
- 4 kms trek, approx 2.5 hours
- Most of today’s trail is on a ridge, under oak trees
- You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot shepherd log huts
- Peaks :- Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana stand among the others
- Stay in tents
Day 4: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak; descend to Hargaon camp
- Altitude: 11,250 feet to 12,500 feet to 8,900 feet
- 6 kms trek, approx 7 hours
- Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch
- Post lunch, descend down to Hargaon
- Reach Hargaon by evening
- Stay in tents
Day 5: Hargaon camp to Sankri then Dehradun
- Altitude: 8,900 feet to 6,400 feet
- 6 kms trek, approx 4 hours
- Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests
- Departure (Sankri to Dehradun)
- You will be dropped at Dehradun station in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle
Note: On Day 5, you’ll reach Dehradun between 10 pm and 11 pm. You can book your travel any time after 11 pm.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Paytm - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name : Suraj Parab
- Bank : Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Branch : Dindoshi, Goregaon
- Account No : 2012744422
- IFSC Code : KKBK0000646
Thing to Carry :
▲A GOOD TREKKING SHOES
▲PONCHO, RAIN COAT
▲ 2 PAIR OF QUICK DRY TEES AND TRACK PANT.
▲FULL BODY TOWEL 01 NOS.
▲WARM CLOTHES ▲WOOLLEN CAP
▲ PAPER SHOP
▲TORCH /HEAD LIGHT
▲ WOOLLEN GLOVES AND WATER PROOF GLOVES
▲WOOLLEN STOKES ▲WATER BOTTLE 1 letter
▲ DARK SUNGLASSES
▲ TREKKING POLE
▲BACK Pack (min 50litrs)
▲ PERSONAL MEDICAL KITS
▲ CAMERA WITH HUGE MEMORY CARD AND FULLY CHARGED WITH EXTRA BATTERIES.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Transportation from and To Dehradun(Depends on Package)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.