Kalsubai Peak Trek with the height of 1646 meters or 5400 Feet is famous as the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range falling under Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary. Kalsubai Height being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb.
We will be ascending Kalsubai via Indore route; a less trudged route. It takes 4 hrs from Indore to reach the top. It’s a completely raw route with no ladders, no constructed steps but only a foot trail to make your trekking more exciting.
Kalsubai Trek Event Details
- Kalsubai Trek Difficult Level: Easy
- Kalsubai Trek Endurance Level: Easy
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Peak: 4 hours one way
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Climbing Kalsubai Trek Distance: 5.5 km one way
- Kalsubai Peak Height: 1646 meters
- Highest Peak of Maharashtra Kalsubai Peak in feet: 5400 ft.
- Cost: Rs 899/- per person
29 Feb-01 Mar 2020 (Leaving By Sat Night)
Contact For Register:
Sahyadri Rangers: 7666606704
Suraj Parab: 7021945522
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Paytm - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
- Panoramic view of other peaks from top
- Sunrise from the peak
- Reaching the top via ladder route
- Know the story behind Kalsubai
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek
Day 0 – Saturday
Please board the below train and meet us at Kasara Railway Station near the Ticket counter
- 08:50 CSMT
- 08:58 Byculla
- 09:05 Dadar
- 09:12 Kurla
- 09:16 Ghatkopar
- 09:28 Mulund
- 09:32 Thane
- 09:54 Dombivali
- 09:52 Kalyan
- 11:05 Kasara
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
- Board local train till Kasara.
Day 1 – Sunday
11:15 Assemble at Kasara Railway Station near the ticket counter.
11:20 Travel from Kasara Railway Station to Village by Local Jeep.
01:30 Reach at village and take a rest for a while.
03:00 Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction.
06:00 Reach Kalsubai top, explore the summit and enjoy sunrise from top.
08:00 Start descending.
12:00 Reach base village and Lunch.
13:00 Travel by Jeep from Bari Village to Kasara Railway Station.
15:00 Reach Kasara railway station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kalsubai Trek, no refund will be provided.
- If it rains, we'll start trek early in the morning by 5-5.30 am.
Things to Carry
- Identity Proof (must)
- Saturday Dinner. (must)
- A good trekking shoes, an extra pair of socks.
- Torch with an extra battery (Must)
- A bottle of water (at least 3 Ltrs)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc.
- Mats, Sleeping Bags, etc. (Opts)
- Medicine those u require usually.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara to Kasara by private vehicle.
- Morning breakfast & tea (Sunday)
- Lunch (Sunday)
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.