Kalsubai Trek Event Details
- Kalsubai Trek Difficulty Level: Easy to Medium
- Kalsubai Trek Endurance Level: Medium
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Peak: 4 hours one way
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Climbing Kalsubai Trek Distance: 5.5 km one way
- Kalsubai Peak Height: 1646 meters
- Highest Peak of Maharashtra Kalsubai Peak in feet: 5400 ft.
We will be ascending Kalsubai via the Indore route; a less trudged route. It takes 4 hrs from Indore to reach the top. It’s a completely raw route with no ladders, no constructed steps but only a foot trail to make your trekking more exciting.
Kalsubai Peak Trek with a height of 1646 meters or 5400 Feet is famous as the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range falling under Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary. Kalsubai Height being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb.
Date: 25-26 Jan 2023 (Republic Day Special Batch)
Cost for Kalsubai Trek via Offbeat Route
- Cost without transport: Rs. 699/- per person
- Option 1 - By Train: Rs. 1199/- per person (Kasara to Kasara by Pvt Jeep)
- Option 2 - By Bus: Rs. 1450/- per person (Borivali To Borivali by Non AC Bus)
- Panoramic view of other peaks from the top
- Reaching the top via ladder route
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek
Pick Up Points For Bus:
- 09.15 pm - SGNP Borivali
- 09.20 pm - Samta Nagar, Kandivali
- 09.30 pm - Oberoi Mall, Goregaon
- 09.40 pm - Andheri Hanuman Road
- 09.50 pm - Teachers colony, Khar
- 09.55 pm - Kalanagar, Bandra
- 10.15 pm - Sion Circle, Sion
- 10.25 pm - Nalanda Ghatkopar
- 10.40 pm - Teen hath Naka, Thane
- 11.20 am - Durgadi Chowk, Kalyan
For Option 1 Via Train: Board CSMT-Kasara fast local (If you miss the train, you miss the event)
- 10:50 pm : CSMT
- 11:05 pm : Dadar
- 11:18 pm : Ghatkopar
- 11:30 pm : Mulund
- 11:34 pm : Thane
- 11:50 pm : Dombivali
- 12:01 am : Kalyan
- 01:12 am : Kasara
- 01:30 am : Move towards base village
- 03:00 am : Reach base village.
- 03:30 am : Freshen up and have breakfast
- 04:00 am : Start trek after short briefing and introduction
- 08:00 am : Reach the top and explore
- 09:00 am : Start descend
- 12:30 pm : Reach base village and have Lunch then move towards Kasara or Board our Bus.
- 05:00 pm : Reach Kasara and board 05:02 pm Kasara-CSMT fast local
- 07:19 pm : Reach CSMT
- 08.00 pm : Reach Borivali
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com or Whasapp 7666606704 with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while on interaction with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts, and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure to your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache, etc. at the time of the beginning of the activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authorities with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for COVID within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his COVID test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SR won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
- Dear Rangers, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact SR buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1- Are there any other pickup points :
- Yes, we have another pickup points from Mumbai.
- Mumbai: Goregaon, Sion, Mulund thane, and Kalyan
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
- No washrooms are available during the trek.
3- Can we bring our vehicle to the base village and is parking available?
- Parking is available in Base, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owners parks at own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
- Please carry 1-2 liters of water, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai Pune on the time mentioned?
- The itinerary is the approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case the bus reaches late SR will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel by Private Non-Ac vehicle (Bus option)
- Kasara to Kasara travel by local jeep (Train option)
- 1 Veg Breakfast and 1 Veg Lunch
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till pickup points
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required