Himachal Pradesh Backpacking tour Itinerary includes some of the best locations to visit in Himachal such as Mcleodganj, Bir, and Barot Valley. Wander through the curvy roads and take vibrant photos at every Insta-worthy location, while you experience Himachal like you never did before.
Himachal has a strong takeaway from Tibetan culture and you would feel the strong presence of a deep-rooted Tibetan culture throughout the whole state. Also, Himachal Pradesh had provided shelter to the Tibetan refugees during the Tibetan uprising and there is a famous Dalai Lama temple in Mcleodganj, which had been visited quite a few times by Dalai Lama itself.
While Himachal is famous for its hill station and its tourist-friendly environment, each hill station itself has its own significance. Mcloedganj is famous for its lakes, waterfalls, museums while Bir is famous for Paragliding, which took place at billing, a nearby place from Bir.
Offbeat trek to the Rajgundha Valley is nothing less than a dreamy scenario and a vibrant journey that must be ‘felt’ by every traveller at least once in his life.
The best time to visit Himachal Pradesh is during the months of December to June. During these months, the Himachal had already received heavy rainfall and the weather in Himachal return to its best state.
The Rajgundha Trek is a small hike from billing to Rajgundha via Chenna Pass and 4km hike from Badagraan to Rajgundha. Surrounded by the Dhauladhar Mountain ranges, amidst the clouds and the view of the Milky Way with billions of stars at night is just a very small description the Rajgundha 360° trek.
‘Heaven on Earth’ waiting to be explored is exactly what it feels like when you stay in the Rajgundha Valley.
Batch 1: 21 Jan - 26 Jan 2021
Batch 2: 13 Feb - 18 Feb 2021
Price: 11,999/- (Delhi to Delhi)
Above dates not possible?
Contact us & we promise to customize above itinerary as per your convenience.
Call now on 7666606704/7021945522 or drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit to the"Little Lhasa"
- The Bhagsu Waterfall
- The Namgyal Monastery
- Paragliding in Bir.
- Rajgundha Trek
Day 1 – Overnight Travel from Delhi to Mcleodganj
- We assemble at RK Ashram Metro Station /Kashmere Gate by 5 pm and meet the other group members.
- We will be travelling overnight travel from Delhi to Mcleodganj by Volvo Bus
Day 2 – Visit the ‘Little Tibet’ in Himachal Pradesh. Night stay Mcleodganj.
- Today we reach Mcleodganj which is located in Kangra District of Himachal Pradesh. Mcleodganj is also known as "Little Lhasa" or "Dhasa" for the huge number of Tibetans residing in Mcleodganj. This hill station near the Dharmashala is very popular among trekkers and tourist. There is a lot to see rather witness the beauty here in Mcleodganj. The sightseeing in Mcleodganj include places like the Bhagsu Waterfall and the Namgyal Monastery.
- Located in a pristine atmosphere The Bhagsu Waterfall starts at the base of the Dhauladhar Valley. A visit here is peaceful and you will experience the serenity of this place in the silent moments. The Bhagsu Waterfall is located on the main road which connects Mcleodganj. The Bhagsu Waterfall is an ideal location a perfect getaway to lose yourself in the beauty of nature.
- You will also visit the Namgyal Monastery which is one of the most beautiful places to visit while you are in Mcleodganj. The Namgyal Monastery was established by the second Dalai Lama for the monks. The monastery is a centre for learning meditation and also known as Namgyal Tantric College. Around 200 monks live in the monastery today. Set amidst lush greenery and dreamy sceneries, this monastery focuses on the study of the Buddhist philosophy, languages like Tibetan and English, texts of Sutra and Tantra, sand mandalas, ritual chanting, and dances are all included in the study of Buddhism.
- Meals included today - Breakfast
Day 3 –Paragliding in Brilliant Bir! Night stay in Bir.
- There are many places to visit in Bir. Rangers takes you to the most popular and enchanting places located in Bir. The weather is smooth and the winds are perfect in Bir, hence making Bir the much-needed relief from the city noise and pollution. Bir is known as the Paragliding Capital of India, which is highly popular. Beauty and adventure is a deadly combination so are Bir. Along with the pleasant weather here, there is a scope for a thrilling adventure. You can also indulge in the fun activity of paragliding in Bir.
- In Bir, you will visit the HPCA Cricket Ground and the magnificent Norbulingka, monastery. The Norbulingka, monastery, is built in a traditional Tibetan style along with Japanese style gardens. You will find streams flowing from these gardens and different types of birds and plants in the Norbulingka, monastery. You will get to see a lot over here.
- Return back to the Hotel.
- Meals included today - Breakfast
Day 4 - The Rajgundha Trek, Night stay in Camps in Rajgundha Valley
- Greet the high mountains as you wake up to one of the most splendid mornings in your life. One must wake up to the sunrise in Himachal at least once his life to know the real beauty of nature. Post breakfast at the hotel we board a jeep and reach the Rajgundha Valley which is Dhauladhar mountain range in 54 km on the banks of the enchanting Uhl River. The Uhl River is India's first hydroelectric dam.
- After lunch, we start trekking towards Baragaon – Trek Starting Point. You will be walking in the cloud trail to the small village of Rajgundha.
- The night will be all about the stars and a warm bonfire. For dinner, you will be served some fresh veggies grown in the village.
- Rest for the Day.
- Meals included today - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 5 – Descend and the Return Journey
- Descend will be of half a day. Make the most of this moment as we will start our return journey today. Wave goodbye to the Barot Valley by returning back from the Barot Valley. Rangers gives you an opportunity to make the most of this decent hence we even have an option to descend by paragliding via Billing Top and start our return journey. Board a bus to Delhi for the return journey.
- Meals included today - Breakfast
Day 6 – Reach Delhi Airport
- You will reach Delhi Airport according to your flight timings. One of the most delightful treks is accomplished. We hope you return with a lot of memories and we hope that you preserve all the calmness from the Dharamshala for a lifetime. Happy Travelling!
Things to Carry
- Identity card.
- 2 litters water.
- Camera (Optional).
- Enerzal Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Snacks & Biscuits.
- Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Warm clothing for the night.
- Clean napkin or small towel.
- Mosquito Repellent.
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf.
- Haversack or Backpack.
- Please carry medicines if you need any.
Winter Is Here!
- Thermal innerwear helps shield against cold.
- Scarf or mufflers or earmuffs can be of use in windy areas.
- Balaclava, woollen caps always prove useful.
- Woollen gloves and socks will help keep hands, feet warm.
- Moisturizer, sunscreen and lip balm will help prevent sunburn.
What is included in the tour
- Delhi to Dharmshala and Bir to Delhi by Volvo Bus
- Breakfast, Transportation to the trek base point, Guided trek, Camping equipment, Dinner.
- Meals and Stay as mentioned above in the detailed itinerary.
- Camping equipment, guide fees (for a group of 4+), and forest permit charges included
- First aid and emergency assistance would be provided if needed.
- Bonfire, local sightseeing.
- Cab charges to base point and back to Bir.
- Tea and snacks on arrival at Rajgundha.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch and Dinner meal isn’t included in the package price.
- Local transfers (Sightseeing) aren’t included in the package price.
- Personal porter charge (at INR 1200/- per day) isn’t included in the package price.
- Any unforeseen fees/costs due to natural causes aren’t included in the package price.
- Paragliding and Video costs.
- Personal porter, any additional charges apart from inclusions.