Har Ki Dun Trek
- Duration: – 6 Nights 7 Days
- Base camp: – Sankri
- Summer Temperature: – Day (5°C to 15°C) Night (2° C to 8° C)
- Winter Temperature: – Day (-2°C to -5° C) Night (-5°C to -12°C)
- Har Ki Dun Altitude: – 3500 Meters
- Trek Level: – Easy
- Trek distance: – On foot 64 Km – By taxi 442 km
- Group Size: – 20 people
Har ki Dun is a little different from all the other treks when we look into the rich historical and cultural significance of the place. It is said to be the land of Duryodhana from Mahabharat, who remains to be the locally worshipped god till date. The people, places and the whole trail captures an insight of a different world as compared to what we’ve seen in our daily lives.
The locals believe that Har ki Dun valley is the same route that Pandavas took in order to reach Heaven and it is locally known as ‘Valley of Gods’. Also, there exists a mountain peak called Swargarohini and the subsequent valley is called the ‘Stairway to Heaven’, which may intrigue you if you’re a Led Zepplin fan.
The trek is suitable for any beginner and proves to be exciting for even an experienced trekker. The Har ki Dun difficulty is rated from easy to moderate and provides a good overall experience. The best time to visit Har ki Dun is during summers and post-monsoon season.
The valley is famous for its orchids and especially rhododendrons, which are specially grown in this region. The flora and fauna mixed with rich culture and immense historical importance secure its position among top contenders in the list of best treks in Uttrakhand.
Trek to Har ki Dun takes a total of 7 days and starts from a small village named Sankri situated in the Uttarkashi district of Uttrakhand. It takes 2 days to traverse from Sankri to Har ki dun and then the group heads onto aundhar Glacier/ Maninda Tal. From there onward the group starts to pull back and return to Sankri, marking the end of the 7-day long trek.
The reasons you need to check out Har ki Dun trek in 2020 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Har ki Dun with Justwravel.
Mythological stories about the trek:
The trail of this trek is ancient and is linked with legendary stories. According to locals, it is the same route that Pandavas took on their way to heaven and that is why it is called “Valley of Gods”. There is one beautiful peak visible from the valley named Swargarohini and it is called the stairway to heaven. As Yudishthara (one of the Pandavas) climbed this peak with his dog and reached the heaven. Apart from all this, there is one quaint village called Osla, situated on the way to Har ki Doon and it is one of the rare villages having a temple of Duryodhana (a Mahabharata character).
Fixed Departures :
BATCH I: 20-26 April
BATCH II: 09-15 May
BATCH III: 20-26 June
- Ideal for Beginners
- Jaw Dropping views of Himalayan Peak
- One of the most beautiful place of India
- Spectacular views of untouched valleys
- Experience Trekking, Camping, Local Stays
- Heaven for Nature Lovers, Adventure Seekers and First Timers too
- Local delicacies
Short Itinerary Har Ki Dun Trek
- Day 1- Pick up to you from Dehradun railway station – Drive to Sankri Market – 210 Km (8/9 Hours (1920 Meters)
- Day 2 – Trek from Sankri to taluka by taxi – 11 km same day trek to Cheludgad camp (12 km) (4/5 Hours) (2600 Meters)
- Day 3 – Trek from Cheludgad camp to Bhasla camp Har Ki Dun (13 km) (6/7 Hours) (3500 Meters)
- Day 4 – Exploration Day (Manida Lake) (Jaundhar Glacier) Har Ki Dun valley back to camp (4/5 Hours)
- Day 5 – Trek from Har Ki Dun to Cheludgad via OSLA village (13 km) (5/6 Hours) (2600 Meters)
- Day 6 – Trek from Cheludgad camp to Taluka (12 km) (4/5 Hours) Same day Drive to Sankri Hotel
- Day 7 – Sankri to Dehradun by taxi (210 km) (8/9 Hours)
Sankri To Sankri
- 8550/- Per Person
Dehradun To Dehradun
- 10,550/- Per Person
Delhi To Delhi
- 13,550/- Per Person
Mumbai To Mumbai
- 22,800/- Per Person (By Flight)
Cost Inclusion :
- Transportation : Tampo Traveller /AC Volvo
- Food : Veg
- Stay : Guest house / Homestays/ Hotels
Fixed Departures :
- BATCH I: 06-12 April
- BATCH II: 09-15 May
- BATCH III: 20-26 June
Contact For Register:
Sahyadri Rangers: 7666606704
Suraj Parab: 7021945522
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Paytm - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
Things To Carry
• Backpack & Rain Cover (40-60 Litres)
• Trekking Shoes (included in FTG)
• Trekking Pole (included in FTG)
• LED Torch
• One Water Bottle (one litre)
• Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
• Trekking Jacket (included in FTG)
• Three (Five in winter) Warm Layers
• Two trek pants (one Wear and one carry)
• Two collared t-shirts
• Sunscreeen Lotion (SPF 50/70)
• Lip Balm (SPF 30)
• Sun cap
• Synthetic hand gloves
• Two pair of Socks
• Daypack (20 litres), if you opt to offload your backpack
• Plastic cover (for wet clothes)
Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Passport, Aadhaar Card, Driving license or voters ID)
What is included in the tour
- Transport: Dehradun to Sankri and Return.
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation:- Guest house, Home stay, camping during Trek.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide, cook and Support staff.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required).
- Porters/mules to carry central equipment.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Any kind of emergency evacuation charges 6. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.