Trek under the sparkling sky to this beautiful destination in Matheran.
Garbett Plateau is one of the most beautiful treks in Matheran. It offers a 360-degree panoramic view of the entire Matheran range. This lovely spot was discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the collector of the Thane district. Garbett point is located on the South-west side of Matheran with a grand view of the plateau.
Major Attraction :
- Sunrise from Garbett Point,
- Walk across Dhom Dam at the start of the Trek,
- Forest Walk in Matheran Point
Date: 15-16 Jan 2021 (Leaving by Sat Night)
- Explore the vast plateau
- Experience the thrill of a night trek
- Enjoy a glorious sunrise amid mountains
- Chance to capture panoramic views from top
Board CSMT-Khopoli Fast Local and Get down at Bhivpuri Road (If you miss the train, you miss the event)
- 11:18 pm : CSMT
- 11:31 pm : Dadar
- 11:42 pm : Ghatkopar
- 11:54 pm : Mulund
- 11:58 pm : Thane
- 12:10 am : Dombivali
- 12:18 am : Kalyan
- 01:00 am : Bhivpuri Road.
Meeting Point :
Bhivpuri Railway Station near the Karjat End Bridge at 01:00 am (After Reaching Call our Trek Leader, Contact detail will be provided on the event day)
- 01:30 am: Meet-up, freshen up, gear up for the trek.
- 02:00 am: After a round of introductions and getting to know each other a little bit, we make our way towards Garbett plateau. On our way, we will cross the pristine Dhom lake and a few villages. Feel free to whip out your cameras to capture the majestic night sky.
- 05:30 am: On reaching Garbett plateau, we will roam around and spend some time here. The beautiful sunrise that illuminates the lush green panoramic view is one of the many reasons that trekkers love scaling a summit at night.
- 07:30 am: We make our way towards Dasturi naka and board our taxis to Neral station.
- 09:30 am: Let's grab a nourishing breakfast at Neral after this long night's trek
- 10:00 am: Adios! Back to the mundane city life. Until next time.
- Please DO NOT miss the 11:18 pm Khopoli Fast from CST station. Feel free to board this train from any other station (Byculla 11:25 pm, Dadar 11:31 pm, Kurla 11:38 pm, Ghatkopar 11:42 pm, Mulund 11:54 pm, Thane 11:58 pm) but if you miss this train, you will NOT be able to join us for the trek. Meet us at Bhivpuri stn ticket counter by 1:00 am. Plan accordingly.
- Please eat dinner and join us for the trek. Once we start the trek, there will be no amenities for food. This is a trek and not a nature trail, we will be ascending and descending slopes through the course of the trek.
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while interacting with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts, and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure to your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache, etc. at the time of the beginning of the activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authorities with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for COVID within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his COVID test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SR won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
- Dear Rangers, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact SR buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1- Are there any other pickup points :
- Yes, we have another pickup points from Mumbai.
- Mumbai: Goregaon, Dadar, Ghatkopar(By Local Train)
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
- No washrooms are available during the trek.
3- Can we bring our vehicle to the base village and is parking available?
- Parking is available in Base, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owners parks at their own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
- Please carry 1-2 liters of water, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai Pune at the time mentioned?
- The itinerary is the approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case the bus reaches late SR will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Matheran to Neral
- First Aid, Guide and Expertise Charges Only
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.