Garbett point is located on South-west side of Matheran with grand view of the plateau.The place is cool and pleasant even when the scorching sun raises the temperature in Mumbai. This makes is an easy and accessible night trek near Mumbai. Deep forest runs through the Matheran, which covers approx 8 Sq Kms in the Sahyadris. This lovely spot was discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the collector of Thane district.
- Explore the vast plateau
- Experience the thrill of a night trek
- Enjoy a glorious sunrise amid mountains
- Chance to capture panoramic views from top
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
09:58 pm CST
10:05 pm Byculla
10:11 pm Dadar
10:19 pm Kurla
10:23 pm Ghatkopar
10:31 pm Bhandup
10:39 pm Thane
10:51 pm Dombivli
11:02 pm Kalyan
11:12 pm Ambernath
11:28 pm Vangani
11:32 pm Shelu
11:36 pm Neral
11:43 pm Bhivpuri Road
Meeting Point : Bhivpuri Road Railway Station at 11:50 pm
11:50 pm Meet-up, freshen up, gear up for the trek
00:00 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
04:30 am Reach garbett plateau, take some rest and then explore the surrounding
05:30 am Start moving towards the top to get a panoramic view of the sun rise
06:15 am Reach top settle down wait for the sun rise, click pics with the sun rise
07:30 am Post sunrise and after clicking loads of pics, we will move towards our taxi stand
08:00 am Reach Neral station, freshen-up and have breakfast and tea
09:00 am Take a return train to mumbai
11:00 am Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.500/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Contact Dhaval +918291727053
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
What is included in the tour
- Unlimited breakfast in the morning
- Local Transport traveling from Dasturi Naka to Neral
- Tea in the morning
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- SR administration charges if any
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.