Famous for its easily identifiable pinnacle, Irshalgad is the sister fort of Prabalgad located near Panvel, along with other well-known forts that came under Shivaji’s reign. Once you reach the top, Irshalgad trek is a great way of enjoying the view of entire cluster of these forts. It is also accessible for people looking for trekking near Pune because of its convenient location.
Visible from the Mumbai-Pune old highway, the pinnacle of Irshalgad has attracted all sorts of trekkers all these years. The villagers near the fort offer warn hospitality and guidance to whoever wishes to explore the historic place. While the fort is not as huge as its fellow structures on neighboring hills, it does add significance in terms of height. The climb to Irshalgad is a moderate one, although it promises magnificent view from the top.
- Take in the panoramic view of Sahyadris at crack of dawn
- View of Prabalgad, Matheran, Manikgad, Karnala, Morbe dam from top
- Find old rock-cut cisterns and a natural hole Nedhe on top
- Indulge in local cuisine
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Karjat to Karjat
- SR Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Travelling
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
Train option for Mumbai participants
Catch CSMT - Karjat local
CSTM - Karjat local timing
Train options for Pune participants
Board Sinhgad express from Pune
06:10 Shivaji Nagar
08:05 Meet at Karjat railway station, near the ticket counter.
08:15 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / Eco / bus.
09 :30 am Reach base village (followed by breakfast at Base village
09:45 am Gear up for the trek and start ascending towards the peak
12 :00 Reach Top of fort. Exploration after reaching on Machi .
12:30 pm Start descending after relaxing at the fort for some time
Reach base at 04:00 pm (subjective)
Reach Karjat 06:30 pm (subjective)
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Please carry packed lunch.
- Please wear trekking shoes for this trek with good grip.
Things to Carry
- Identity Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & biscuits
- Extra pair of clothes
- Clean napkin or towel
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Please carry personal medicines if any
- Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone etc in polythenes while packing
- Wear shoes with good grips
- Use repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts