Geared up for a new adventure. We call upon the survivors to explore the most difficult trek in the Sahyadri. An adventure to explore the path less taken. Come on pack your bags, and join the adventure.
About Alang Fort
Alang Fort (also Alangad) is a fort in the Nashik district, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the three forts, the others being Madangad and Kulang, in the Kalsubai range of the Western Ghats. They are the most difficult to reach forts in Nasik District. A dense forest cover makes these treks difficult. These three forts are a little neglected due to very heavy rains in the area and a difficult confusing path to the forts
About Madan Fort
The climb preferred is usually between Madan and Alang. The time taken could around 3-4 hours to reach the step after leaving Kulang fort. Over here rock climbing would be required as the wall of the steps was destroyed during the cannon fire. Use of a fixed rope is required. There is one large cave on this fort and 2 water cisterns. The top of the fort is a huge plateau. On the fort, there are two caves, a small temple, and 11 water cisterns. Remnants of buildings are spread over the fort. Kalasubai, Aundh Fort, Patta, and Bitangad are to the east of the fort, Harihar, Trimbakgad, and Anjaneri to its north and Harishchandragad, Aajobagad, Khutta (pinnacle), Ratangad, and Katrabai to its south.
About Kulang Fort
Being in the same region of the three forts it's said climb to Kulag is the most difficult. On the way up climbing, we come across patches of rock-cut steps. It takes 6 hours to reach Kulanwadi to the fort. On the fort to see around 5 water cisterns. From here we could also see Mahuli with the 3 pinnacles. One can also stay at the caves here.
Alang Madan Kulang Event Details
- Difficulty Level: Difficult
- Endurance Level: Very high
- Base Village: Ambewadi - Kulangwadi
- District: Nashik
- Region: Igatpuri - Kalsubai
- Route from Pune: Pune - Nashik phata - Naarayangoan - Kotul - Udadhawane - Alang
- Route from Mumbai: Mumbai - Kasara - Sakurli - Ambewadi - Alang
- Distance from Mumbai: 145 km approx.
- Distance from Pune: 175 km approx.
- Total distance for climbing: Day: 1, 2 approx 7km, 10 km respectively
Batch 1: 27-28 FEB 2021 (Leaving Fri Night)
Batch 2: 27-28 MARCH 2021 (Leaving Fri Night)
- Rappelling and Rock climbing
- Steep steps to climb
- Amazing view from the top of the fort
- Historical remains of the fort- water cisterns, caves, and other structures
- Breathtaking View of Alang, Madan, and Kulang
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains
- Sunset and Sunrise View from Madan Top
- Night stay in ancient caves.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara – base village - Kasara by local Pvt Jeep
- Day 1 - Breakfast, veg Lunch, Evening Tea, and veg Dinner
- Day 2 – Breakfast, veg Lunch, Evening Tea
- Technical Equipment
- SR expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation till Kasara and back
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate and a Swiss-knife
AMK Trek Event Itinerary
Day 0 – Friday Night
Catch Kasara SF Local
CSMT-Kasara local timings
- 10.50 CST
- 11.05 Dadar
- 11.13 Kurla
- 11.18 Ghatkopar
- 11.34 Thane
- 11.57 Dombivali
- 12.07 Kalyan
- 01:18 Kasara
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00
- Have dinner before you board the Kasara train
- Board local train till Kasara.
Day 1 - Saturday
- 01:20 am Meet our team at Kasara station, freshen up
- 01:30 am Leave for a base village in a private taxi
- 04:15 am Reach base village
- 05:30 am Have Breakfast
- 05:30 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations
- 06:00 am Start the trek with a small warm-up walk.
- 10:30 am Reach the top, Explore the Alang fort
- 11:30 am Have lunch and take some rest
- 01:30 pm Start descend of Alang and move towards the Madan
- 05:00 pm After Rock Climbing Reach Madan top
- 05:30 pm Explore the fort, enjoy the view of the surrounding
- 08:00 pm Dinner time and stay in the cave of Madangad
Day 2 - Sunday
- 05:00 am Wake up call, freshen up and recharge with the Garma-Garm breakfast.
- 06:30 am Get ready for the descend and move towards the Kulang
- 11:00 am Reach Kulang, Have Lunch, and Explore Fort
- 02:30 pm Start Descending down
- 05:00 pm Reach Base Village
- 05:10 pm Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
- 06:00 pm Reach Kasara station and take a return train (06:18 pm) to Mumbai
- 08:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing AMK Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sandals / Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Kasara/base village without refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person
- No washroom facility while trekking, washroom available at base village only.
AMK Trek Cost Rs. 2450 per person (Rappelling / 2 breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner /Transport/Trek Leader expertise)
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name.
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
For payment through UPI,
- Virtual Address - 7666606704@upi
- Google Pay: 7666606704
- Phone Pay: 7666606704
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water(Compulsory)
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
- Sleeping material (Sleeping mat and Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate, and a Swiss-knife
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Warm clothes (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
- Extra pair of clothes, napkin
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.