Geared up for a new adventure. We call upon the survivors to explore the most difficult trek in the Sahyadri. An adventure to explore the path less taken. Come on pack your bags, and join the adventure.
About Alang Fort
Alang Fort (also Alangad) is a fort in Nashik district, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the three forts, the others being Madangad and Kulang, in the Kalsubai range of the Western Ghats. They are the most difficult to reach forts in Nasik District. A dense forest cover makes these treks difficult. These three forts are a little neglected due to very heavy rains in the area and a difficult confusing path to the forts
About Madan Fort
The climb preferred is usually between Madan and Alang. The time taken could around 3-4 hours to reach the step after leaving Kulang fort. Over here rock climbing would be required as the wall of the steps was destroyed during the cannon fire. Use of a fixed rope is required. There is one large cave on this fort and 2 water cistern. The top of the fort is a huge plateau. On the fort, there are two caves, a small temple and 11 water cisterns. Remnants of buildings are spread over the fort. Kalasubai, Aundh Fort, Patta and Bitangad are to the east of the fort, Harihar, Trimbakgad and Anjaneri to its north and Harishchandragad, Aajobagad, Khutta (pinnacle), Ratangad and Katrabai to its south.
About Kulang Fort
Being in the same region of the three forts its said climb to Kulag is the most difficult. On the way up climbing we come across patches of rock cut steps. It takes 6 hours to reach from Kulanwadi to the fort. On the fort to see around 5 water cisterns. Form here we could also see Mahuli with the 3 pinacles. One can also stay at the caves here.
Alang Madan Kulang Event Details
- Difficulty Level: Difficult
- Endurance Level: Very high
- Base Village: Ambewadi - Kulangwadi
- District: Nashik
- Region: Igatpuri - Kalsubai
- Route from Pune: Pune - Nashik phata - Naarayangoan - Kotul - Udadhawane - Alang
- Route from Mumbai: Mumbai - Kasara - Sakurli - Ambewadi - Alang
- Distance from Mumbai: 145 km approx.
- Distance from Pune: 175 km approx.
- Total distance for climbing: Day: 1, 2 and 3 approx 7km, 5km, 6km respectively
Date: 14-15 March 2020 (Leaving Fri Night)
AMK Trek Event Itinerary
Day 0 – Friday Night
Catch Kasara slow local
CSMT-Kasara local timings
- 22:50 CST
- 23.04 Dadar
- 23:31 Thane
- 00:03 Kalyan
- 01:18 Kasara
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00
- Have dinner before you board the Kasara train
- Board local train till Kasara.
Day 1 - Saturday
- 01:30 Meet at Kasara railway station and move toward base village by local jeep.
- Reach at base village and take a rest for a while.
- 06:30 Wake up, Breakfast.
- 07:00 Start ascending Alang.
- Reach on top explore Alang and have Lunch.
- After Lunch descend Alang, reach the col between Alang and Madan. Start ascending Madangad.
- Reach on top, have dinner. Night stay at Madangad Caves.
Day 2 – Sunday
- 05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
- 06:30 Start trek towards Kulang.
- Reach on Kulang top, have Lunch. Explore Kulang fort.
- Start descending Kulang.
- Reach at base village and move towards Kasara station by local jeep.
- 18:30 Approx. arrival at Kasara railway station.
AMK Trek Cost Rs 2350 per person ( Rappelling / 2 breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner / Transport / Trek Leader expertise )
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name.
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
For payment through UPI,
- Virtual Address - 7666606704@upi
- Gpay: 7666606704
- For payment through Paytm: 7666606704
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara – base village - Kasara by local Transport ST / Jeep
- Day 1 - Breakfast, veg Lunch, Evening Tea, and veg Dinner
- Day 2 – Breakfast, veg Lunch, Evening Tea
- Technical Equipment
- SR expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation till Kasara and back
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate and a Swiss-knife