AMK is undoubtedly one of the most demanding and considered to be one of the toughest treks in Sahyadris. If you haven’t done AMK, you haven’t finished trekking in Sahyadris. This trek is the test of your mental & physical stamina, confidence & endurance. This massive range of trio forts provides you with the most scenic views. All three forts stand high towering a height of more than 4800 ft which will leave you spellbound by its magnificence.
Alang Madan Kulang Event Details
- Difficulty Level: Difficult
- Endurance Level: Very high
- Base Village: Ambewadi - Kulangwadi
- District: Nashik
- Region: Igatpuri - Kalsubai
- Route from Pune: Pune - Nashik phata - Naarayangoan - Kotul - Udadhawane - Alang
- Route from Mumbai: Mumbai - Kasara - Sakurli - Ambewadi - Alang
- Distance from Mumbai: 145 km approx.
- Distance from Pune: 175 km approx.
- Total distance for climbing: Day: 1, 2 approx 7km, 10 km respectively
Date: 10-11 Dec 2022 (Leaving Fri Night)
- Rappelling and Rock climbing
- Steep steps to climb
- Amazing view from the top of the fort
- Historical remains of the fort- water cisterns, caves, and other structures
- Breathtaking View of Alang, Madan, and Kulang
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains
- Sunset and Sunrise View from Madan Top
- Night stay in ancient caves.
AMK Trek Event Itinerary
Day 0 – Friday Night
Catch Kasara SF Local
CSMT-Kasara local timings
- 10.50 CST
- 11.05 Dadar
- 11.13 Kurla
- 11.18 Ghatkopar
- 11.34 Thane
- 11.57 Dombivali
- 12.07 Kalyan
- 01:18 Kasara
- 11.00 pm: Shivaji Nagar
- 11.15 pm: Nashik Phata
- 11.30 pm: Bhosari
Day 1 - Saturday
- 01:20 am Meet our team at Kasara station, freshen up
- 01:30 am Leave for a base village in a private taxi
- 04:15 am Reach base village
- 05:30 am Have Breakfast
- 05:30 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations
- 06:00 am Start the trek with a small warm-up walk.
- 10:30 am Reach the top, Explore the Alang fort
- 11:30 am Have lunch and take some rest
- 01:30 pm Start descend of Alang and move towards the Madan
- 05:00 pm After Rock Climbing Reach Madan top
- 05:30 pm Explore the fort, enjoy the view of the surrounding
- 08:00 pm Dinner time and stay in the cave of Madangad
Day 2 - Sunday
- 06:00 am Wake up call, freshen up and recharge with the Garma-Garm breakfast.
- 07:30 am Get ready for the descend and move towards the Kulang
- 12:00 pm Reach Kulang, Have Lunch, and Explore Fort
- 02:30 pm Start Descending down
- 05:00 pm Reach Base Village
- 05:10 pm Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
- 06:00 pm Reach Kasara station and take a return train (06:18 pm) to Mumbai
- 08:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing AMK Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sandals / Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Kasara/base village without refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person
- No washroom facility while trekking, washroom available at base village only.
AMK Trek Cost Rs. 2600 per person (Rappelling / 2 breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner /Transport/Trek Leader expertise)
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name.
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
For payment through UPI,
- Virtual Address - 7666606704@upi
- Google Pay: 7666606704
- Phone Pay: 7666606704
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water(Compulsory)
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
- Sleeping material (Sleeping mat and Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate, and a Swiss-knife
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Warm clothes (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
- Extra pair of clothes, napkin
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara – base village - Kasara by local Pvt Jeep
- Day 1 - Breakfast, veg Lunch, Evening Tea, and veg Dinner
- Day 2 – Breakfast, veg Lunch
- Technical Equipment
- SR expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation till Kasara and back
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate and a Swiss-knife