Sandhan valley is known Wonder of nature & splendid of Sahyadri (Western Ghats) and is one of the must do places near Mumbai. Sandhan valley trek is located on the west side of beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan; Kulang (Known as AMK- toughest trek in Sahyadri), Ratangad, Ajoba; Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges.
A 2 km long, valley is brilliantly carved with deep narrow rock floor, weaving its way between the two high walls of mountain range. There are points on the way which are as narrow as 3 fts and also are the points where sun rays are unable to reach. This is the reason Sandhan valley is also called as Valley of Shadow. You start from one end, and to reach the other end, you will have cross 2-3 water pools (water level changes according to seasons) with water reaching as high as to waist level during winter. At the end of valley you get see magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valleys.
Key Info :
- Trek Duration : 6-7 Hours of Descend, 2 Hours walk
- Water Sources : Base Village and at the end of Valley
- Washroom Facilities : Base Village (Samrad only)
- Base Village : Samrad (Start Point), Dehene (End Point)
- Nearby City : Igatpuri
- Mode of Transport : Sumo from Kasara to Samrad and Dehne to Asangaon (10-12 Seater)
- Vehicle Travel Distance : From Kasara to Samrad - 80kms, Dehene to Asangaon - 45kms
- Vehicle Travel Duration : From Kasara to Samrad - 3 Hours, Dehene to Asangaon - 2 Hours
- Batch Size : Maximum 20 Participants
12-13 Feb 2022 (Leaving Sat Night)
Cost For Full Sandhan Valley
- Option 1 – Coming direct to base village: Rs. 1199/- per person
- Option 2 – By Zeep X-Kasara/Asangaon : Rs.1700/- per person
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay/PhonePay – 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
- Mesmerizing view of the huge shadow valley while trekking
- Trek in the shadow of the valley
- This trek does not an ascend, keep descending throughout the trek
- Rappelling down a rocky patch
- Camping at the end of the first day
- Camping in the dark valley
- A small pond to spend some time by the side
- Board CSMT-Kasara Fast Local (If you miss the train, you miss the event)
- 10:50 pm : CSMT
- 11:05 pm : Dadar
- 11:18 pm : Ghatkopar
- 11:30 pm : Mulund
- 11:34 pm : Thane
- 11:57 pm : Dombivali
- 12:07 am : Kalyan
- 01:18 am : Kasara
- 01:30 am : Move towards Base Village
- 05:00 am : Reach Base Village and Rest in Vehicle itself
- 06:30 am : Breakfast
- 07:00 am : Start Trek after short briefing and Introduction
- 08:00 am : Cross Water Patch with 3-4 Feet of Water
- 10:00 am : Cross biggest Rappelling patch of 60 Feet
- 11:00 am : Have Lunch after the rappelling patch
- 03:00 pm : Reach the end of Valley
- 03:30 pm : Move towards Dehene
- 05:30 pm : Reach Dehene and Move towards Asangaon by Private Vehicle
- 07:00 pm : Reach Asangaon and Board 7:10 pm Asangaon-CSMT Fast Local
- 08:52 pm : Reach CSMT
Things to Carry :
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water, Torch is must
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank optional
- Extra pair of clothes, socks, Sandal
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader's decisions will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "SAHYADRI RANGERS" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the campsite. There is only one toilet in the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy-weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed; please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara to Samrad and Dehne to Asangaon
- Day 1 - 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (Limited)
- Rappelling Charges,
- Expertise Charges
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets Mumbai to Kasara and Asanagava to Mumbai
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.