- Grade: Easy To Medium level of trek.
- Time to reach the top: 3 hours from base village
- Travel: By Private Bus
As the name goes, Sagar – Sea, and Gad – Fort, this place is a perfect trekking destination for both mountain and sea lovers. Located in Alibaug - a popular tourist destination; Sagargad is a blissful trekking destination that offers a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from the top. From Khandale village, a few hours of ascending across various waterfalls will take you to the summit. As you reach this gigantic plateau and spend awesome time up there, you’ll enjoy the moment as it’s quite breezy during monsoons. Both Beginners and avid trekkers would love the hike, as it’s picturesque and mesmerizing.
Shivaji Maharaj won this fort from Adilshah in 1660. Sagargad was one of the forts that were handed over to the Mughals in the Treaty of Purandar. But Shivaji won it back when he escaped from Agra in 1665. Eventually, the possession of this fort was with the British who during the 1880s, built retreat homes for their officers at this scenic spot.
Date: 04 Oct 2020 (Leaving Saturday Night)
Rs. 799 without transport / Rs. 1450 with transport
- Whatapp 7666606704 before booking
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Paytm - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
- Visit Siddeshwar Ashram
- Take a look at Dhondana Waterfall - Pristine beauty
- Walk through the jungles – Chirping birds enthrall you
- Shiva & GaneshTemple at the top – Lot of stories
- Ruined fortifications and Y shaped fort structure
- Ancient Saptarshi caves
Pick Up Points: (Saturday Night)
- 11.00 pm - Meet the Leaders at Oberoi mall, Goregaon
- 11.30 pm - Pickup from Dadar East, TT Circle
- 12.00 am - Bhandup Pumping Station
- 12.15 am - Airoli
- 12.45 am - Belapur CBD
Further, depart to base Village.
- 04:00 am: Reaching base village. Time to rest in the Bus.
- 05:30 am: Wake up Time. Breakfast.
- 06.00 am: Start Trek
- 09.00 am - Reach the top
- 09.30 am - Explore
- 10.30 am - Start descending
- 12.30 pm - Lunch
- 02.30 pm - Reach Base village
- 03.30 pm - Start return journey
- 06.00 pm - Reach Mumbai (Tentatively)
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1- Are there any other pickup points :
- Yes, we have other pickup points from both Mumbai and Pune.
- Mumbai: Goregaon , Dadar, Mulund
- Pune: Shaniwarwada, Wakad Bridge
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
- No washrooms are available during the trek. However you can use the washroom at Matheran.
3- Can we bring our vehicle till base village and is parking available?
- Parking is available in Matheran, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owners parks at own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
- Yes, we can arrange Jain food for the trek.
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
- Please carry 1-2 liters water, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai Pune on time mentioned?
- The itinerary is approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case bus reaches late SR will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Mumbai To Mumbai (Non AC Bus).
- Trekking with all safety measures.
- Tea & breakfast
- First aid kit.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral Water
- Anything not mentioned in above inclusion list.