Night Trek to Ratangad
Grade: Medium | Endurance: Medium
As the name suggest, Ratangad is a ‘jewel’ of a fort situated atop a hill overlooking the Bhandardara region. The caves up there can shelter dozens of trekkers at a time. Kalsubai peak and the Konkan-Kada are visible from here, along with a number of waterfalls! The view of lakes from atop are mesmerizing.
Ratangad is a fort in Ratan Wadi, Maharashtra, India, overlooking the locale of Bhandardara, one of the oldest artificial catchment area. The fort is about 2000 years old. Ratangad has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called ‘Nedhe’ or ‘Eye of the Needle’. The fort has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak. It also has many wells on the top
Batch 1 : 12th - 13th Oct 2019
- Panoramic view of other peaks from top
- Sunrise from the peak
- Jewel Fort
- Views of Bhandardara
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek
The itinerary for the trek will be as follows:
– Meeting point Kasara Railway Station ticket counter Catch below mentioned train
- CSMT Mumbai – 21:32pm
- Dadar – 21:50pm
- Ghatkopar – 22:06pm
- Thane – 22.27pm
- Kalyan – 23:01pm
- Kasara – 00:21am
- Waiver form submission and small introduction round catch private jeep
- Will halt for 15mins inroute for tea & washrooms
- Next 2 hrs bumpy ride will drop us at Samrad Base village
- Brief about trek, prepare your headlamp/torch & start trek immediate. 02.30am
- Normal hike of 2.5hrs & we will reach caves area rest for ½ hrs in open air.
- Wakeup call by early morning witness of Sahyadris best ever sunrise from Ratangad.
- Explore surrounding back to caves 08.00
- Start Descend to Ratanwadi Reach in next 2hrs
- Enjoy in cold Dam water & Refresh yourself.
- We will have lunch at Ratanwadi Village & travel to Kasara for next 2hrs
- Trek and with happy memories.
Contact Dhaval +918291727053
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from-to Kasara
- Morning bf/tea / Lunch
- Guide and Expertise Chargers
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Expenses
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusion
- Medical & Insurance