Naneghat a mountain pass in the Western Ghats. During the reign of the Satavahana (200 BCE–190 CE), the pass was extensively used as a trade route between Kalyan and Junnar. Literally, the name nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass". The name is given because this path was used as a tollbooth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. The way is clearly marked and passes through dense teakwood forests. Climbing from the forest you reach to the base of ‘Nanacha Angatha’, which is pinnacle of Naneghat plateau. From this base, a 2 meter wide pass connects to the actual plateau. This pass called as Naneghatachi NaLi has been carved and cut in stones by emperors of that time. This 60 meter long pass takes you to the Naneghat plateau.
- Naneghat trek difficulty level: Eay
- Base village for Naneghat: Vaishakhare
- Region : Malshej ghat
- Total time required for climbing Naneghat : Maximum 2.5 hrs
- Duration: 1 day
- Naneghat height: 2800 ft. (approx.)
- Type: Ancient trade route
- Traveling by Bus
11.00 Meeting Point: Oberoi Mall, Goregaon East
12:00 Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East).
01:00 Leave for Naneghat monsoon trek.
01:30 Pick up at Teen hath naka, Thane(West).
06:00 Reach at the base village and start ascending.
09:00 Reach in caves of Naneghat. Explore.
10:00 Start descending.
01:00 Reach at base,Lunch and start return journey to Mumbai.
06:00 Approx. arrival at Dadar – Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Veg Lunch
- Travel Goregaon To Goregaon by private non-AC vehicle
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.