Visapur fort is located in Patan Village near Malavli falling under Maval Taluka in Pune District. Distance from
Mumbai and Pune to Visapur Fort is 100 km and 65 km respectively. Visapur Fort Trek can be divided into
three categories. Jungle Trail, climbing a Waterfall and then steps. One can explore numerous Water Cisterns,
Huge Limestone Grinder, Visapurs Fortification Wall, Hanuman & Shiva Temple.
Visapur Fort is built on the same plateau as Lohgad Fort. This fort is believed to be built during Bahmani
Sultanate in the early 14th or 15th century. Visapur Fort was then reconstructed by Maratha Peshwa Shri Balaji
Vishwanath. This fort has been exchanged many times during the Maratha and Mughal period.
- Type: Hill Fort
- Height: 3,556 ft (ASL)
- Region: Lonavala
- Endurance: High
- Grade: Medium
What is included in the tour
- Trek expertise
- First aid kit
- 1lt Water Bottle
- Transport from Mumbai to base village and return
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other personal expense
- 06:00 Meeting at IBS Powai
- 05:45 Leave for Visapur Trek.
- 08:45 Reach at base and breakfast.
- 09:30 Start ascending Visapur Fort.
- 11:30 Reach at Visapur top and explore.
- 13:00 Start descending.
- 15:00 Reach at base and lunch.
- 16:00 Move Mumbai After Tea-Break
- 20:30 Approx. arrival at Powai.