Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical 90 degrees. The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one-meter wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort.
There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase main entrance we walk thru below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs with niches, then pass thru a staircase inside the rock like Peth Fort - Kothaligad Fort and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent. After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking.
Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
Harihar Trek Details
- Harihar Fort Height: 3676 feet approx.
- Harihar Fort Region: Igatpuri
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to medium
- Trek Endurance: Easy
- Cost: Rs. 850/- per person
14th Dec 2019 (Leaving Sat Night)
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Paytm - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name : Suraj Parab
- Bank : Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Branch : Dindoshi, Goregaon
- Account No : 2012744422
- IFSC Code : KKBK0000646
Step-2: After payment you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if participant is not available in WhatsApp.
- Night Trek full of adventure
- Steep steps which are safe and easy to climb
- Amazing view from the top of the fort
- Thrilling trek to feed your adventurous soul on each and every step.
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Slow Local
09:32 pm CST
09:40 pm Byculla
09:50 pm Dadar
10:00 pm Kurla
10:06 pm Ghatkopar
10:27 pm Thane
10:50 pm Dombivli
11:01 pm Kalyan
12:11 am Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 12:15 am
12:15 am Meetup, freshen up, gear up
12:30 am Leave for base village in a private taxi
02:30 am Reach base village
02:45 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
03:00 am Start the trek with a small warm up walk.
04:30 am Reach Machi and take some rest
06:00 am Reach top, Explore the fort, Enjoy the view of the surrounding
07:00 am Start descend back to the base
09:30 am Reach Base Village and Have Breakfast
10:00 am Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
12:00 pm Reach Kasara station and take a return train to mumbai
02:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.850/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
Things to Carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water, Torch is must
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank optional
- Extra pair of clothes, socks, Sandal
- Sleeping bag, Blanket
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader's decisions will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "SAHYADRI RANGERS" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the campsite. There is only one toilet in the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy-weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed; please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Kasara – Nirgudpada – Kasara by local jeep
- 1 veg breakfast
- SAHYADRI RANGERS charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required