Himachal Pradesh is beyond doubt one of the most popular destinations in India. It is well known for its quaint and picturesque hill-towns, and also for the many thrilling Himalayan Treks that it has on offer for the adventure seekers. Hampta Pass is an unusual, special pass. It climbs out of lush green valleys of Kullu to a perpendicular overhang, high in the mountains. The overhang you stand on is almost like a balcony view to a different world below ; the deserts of Lahaul. From the pass, you see the Lahaul valley in one wide panoramic sweep. It is one the most dramatic twists in landscape youll see. Also you will be visiting the absolutely scenic Chandratal lake whose beauty will definitely leave you awestruck. According to the reports from the Indian Meteorological Department, the weather in 2019 is the most favorable for trekking in the Himalayas. We dont think you would want to miss this opportunity to experience the Himalayas at its best. So come join us and book your seats now!
Breathtaking picturesque view of the alpine Chandratal.
Camping location under the star studded sky along with delicious and nutritious meals.
Capture the majestic view of the Pir Panjal Ranges.
Build adrenaline as we cross some of the high mountain passes.
How to Reach Hampta Pass Trek in Manali
Manali is well connected to all the states across India. One can travel by Road or by Air. Delhi is taken as a reference to Guide our trekkers. So plan accordingly.
Reach Manali by Road:
Manali is connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi, and you will reach Manali in 12 - 14 hours. Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in
Reach Manali by Air:
Kullu–Manali Airport in Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Airport to Manali, which costs about Rs. 700- Rs 1000.
Tip: Since Delhi to Manali is a long journey, most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last HRTC bus leaves at 8.30pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Plan your onward journeys only post noon is giving enough buffer for bus delays.
Detailed Hampta Pass Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Manali to Chika Via Jobra
- Altitude gain from 6,725 ft. to 10,990 ft.
- 16 Km / 2 Hours Drive from Manali.
- 2 Km Trek from Jobra to Chika.
- Accommodation and food in tents at Chika.
- Meals starts from our campsite onwards.
Day 2: Chika to Balu Ka Ghera
Day 3: Balu Ka Ghera to Shea Goru via Hampta Pass (14100 meter)
Day 4: Shea Goru to Chhatru / Visit Chandrataal (13,943 ft.)and return to Chhatru campsite
- Altitude gain 12,900 ft. to 11,000 ft.
- 7 km, 4 hours of Trekking.
- Lunch and Snacks at Chhatru.
- Drive to Chandrataal and return to Chattru Campsite.
- You can visit Chandratal If road and weather condition permits us. if not, you will have to drive directly from Chatru to Manali
- Accommodation and food in Tents.
Day 5: Drive back from Chatru to Manali Via Rohtang Pass
- Breakfast at Chattru campsite.
- 85 Km Drive to Manali via Rohtang Pass.
- Lunch and Snacks at Chhatru.
- 4 Hours drive (expected arrival time 1:30 PM, traffic conditions may increase driving time).
- Trekkers can make further travel plan accordingly after reaching Manali.
What is included in the tour
- Certified Trek leaders.
- Experienced staff (guide, cook, helpers, porters/mules staff).
- Hygienic & nutritious food(Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner) at the scheduled time.
- Clean and maintained trekking equipment such as tents, sleeping bag, gaiters, crampons/microspikes.
- Fully equipped medical kit, oxygen, and safety equipment.
- All forest and other necessary permits.
- Travelling charges are included from Manali to Manali via Chandratal.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expense.
- Food during the trek at local Canteens or during the drive.
- Lunch and Breakfast on arrival at Manali.
- Porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.