If you want to do something different this time when you set out to enjoy nature, this beach trek is for you! With every step you take, there will be sound of waves crashing onto colorful rocks, golden sand and breathtaking views with every little hill you climb. Also, did we mention there’s a ferry ride, camping on a beach and sleeping under the stars? Yeah, it’s magical. You might even spot dolphins if you’re lucky! Need we say more?
Situated by the Konkan Railway route, the trail between Kumta and Gokarna connects more than 10 clean and beautiful beaches on the northern tip of Karnataka. Most are untouched by regular tourists and only shelter few shacks for beach lovers. Start the trail at Kumta, walk through Vannali Beach, Kadle Beach, Nirvana Beach, Paradise Beach, Half-Moon Beach and Om Beach to name a few. End the trek at Gokarna, which is home to a famous Shiva Temple.
Please Note: This is a two-day trek covering approximately 15 kms in all. Every participant must carry 2 full bottles of water since there may not be shops or water outlets in between stops.
There will be a vehicle to carry luggage like sleeping bags, tents, camping equipment etc. So you need to carry only a day pack for water, food, cap etc. Please divide your luggage in 2 bags accordingly. The bag that is to be left in the vehicle should be locked.
Mumbai to Mumbai Cost: 3999/- per person
Kumta to Gokarna Cost: 2799/- per person ( Train Ticket Cost Not Included )
Participants from Pune can come to Panvel Station on Saturday by road and Board the train at 23:20 Hrs
We will Drop you back to Panvel Station on Monday Early Morning at 05:30 Hrs and can reach Pune by any mode of transport available.
Dates: 22 March To 25 March 2021
- Hike through more than 10 pristine beaches along the Arabian Sea coast
- Ferry ride across the Aghanashini River
- Camp on a beach and sleep under the stars
- Enjoy local cuisine especially cooked for you
- Bonfire fun & games at night
- Witness gorgeous sunset and sunrise by the sea
What is included in the tour
- All internal transfers as mentioned above
- Sleeper bus from Mumbai to Gokarna and back
- Two breakfasts
- Accommodation with clean toilets
- All activities and entries to places as per itinerary
- All guide and local expertise charges
- First-aid assistance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals not mentioned in the inclusions
- 05:30 pm Meet the SR Team at CST and catch Mangalore Superfast Express for an overnight journey
- Or by AC Bus
- 10:00 am Reach Kumta, breakfast near the station
- 11:00 am Catch a bus to Kumta Beach
- 11:30 am Start the hike through a number of beaches
- 02:00 pm Packed lunch on the way
- 06:00 pm Reach Belekan Beach, freshen up, set up camp for the night
- 09:00 pm Bonfire fun & games
- Sleep under the stars in your sleeping bag or you also have the option to use the tents. Please carry sheets to be used in the tent at night if you don’t have a sleeping bag.
- 06:00 am Wake up to the sight of the rising sun over the sea, freshen up
- 08:00 am Enjoy breakfast and chai
- 08:30 am Start the trek to Gokarna through Paradise, Half-Moon Beach, Om Beach
- 03:00 pm Reach Gokarna Beach, enjoy lunch at a nearby hotel
- Rest day in Gokarna
- 05:30 pm Proceed towards Gokarna Road Station
- 06:38 pm Catch 12620/Matsyagandha Express from Gokarna Road Station or catch AC bus towards Mumbai.
- overnight journey towards Mumbai.
- 05:53 am Reach Thane Station
- 06:35 am Reach LTT Station
Things to Carry
- 3 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Energy Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf, sunscreen etc.
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Sleeping bag or bed sheet
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Sahyadri Rangers, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Swimming in the sea is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile connectivity is unavailable in the area
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.