Garbett Plateau is one of the beautiful vast plateaus near Matheran hill station, the highest point near the plateau is called the Garbett point. On one side of the plateau is the Matheran hill station and on the other side, we have Dhom lake surrounded by lush green landscapes, especially during the monsoon season.
Our trek starts from Matheran, a flat hike to the Garbett Plateau, steep descend to Sagachiwad, hike alongside the banks of Dhom lake to Bhivpuri to conclude our trek.
Matheran is a vehicle-free zone hill station with many points across the hill. We will be ascending only to the Garbett plateau and descend back to Bhivpuri to conclude our trek.
- Grade: Easy
- Endurance: Moderate
- Trek Distance: 12KM approx
- The Highest Elevation: 644M
- Start point: Matheran
- End point: Bhivpuri
- Price: ₹ 760
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to Sahyadri Rangers Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
- ✔ Travel from Neral to Matheran
- ✔ Breakfast
- ✔ Entry Charges
- ✘ Lunch
- Rainy seasons trek
- Adventures and easy climb
- Traversing the lake
- Awesome view of Nature
- Plateau and the cool breeze
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains
- Breathtaking beauty
Reporting at Neral Railway Station - 07.27 AM (Board CSMT - Karjat 05.46 AM Fast local in central line)
- 05.46 AM: CSMT
- 05.53 AM: BYCULLA
- 05.59 AM: DADAR
- 06.06 AM: KURLA
- 06.10 AM: GHATKOPAR
- 06.25 AM: THANE
- 06.41 AM: DOMBOVALI
- 06.50 AM: KALYAN
- 07.27 AM: NERAL
- Breakfast Near Neral Station
- Reach Starting point at Matheran by shared taxi - 45 minutes.
- Event briefing & introduction - 15 minutes.
- Hike to Garbett Plateau - 1 hour.
- Relax at Garbett plateau - 30 minutes.
- Descent trek to Bhivpuri - 3 hours.
- Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Walk to Bhivpuri Railway Station - 15 min.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking/Sports shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry quick dry shirt/ tshirt.
- Hiking trousers (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Raincoat/ Poncho, Cap.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participant to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, our team has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for personal expenses that are not mentioned in the pricing.
- Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- Washroom facility is inadequate during the trek.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the Sahyadri Rangers team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- No Refund before 48 hrs of the trek.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
What is included in the tour
- Breakfast & Tea
- Travelling Neral to Matheran
- Basic First Aid
- Group Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.