Ganpati Gadad Caves Trek
Grade: Easy| Endurance: Moderate
Imagine yourself having a bird’s view from the top from a cave, sounds quite exciting right? Such is this location named GanpatiGadad.Ganpati Gadad is a trek that one might never forget. ‘Gadad’ means the caves of Lord Shree Ganesha. These Gadad which means caves are formed in the rocks surrounded by mesmerizing waterfalls. One can even spot out the caves from a distance. One can see rectangular patches from far which are the caves. Blooming with greenery in monsoon, one of the most awaited treks of year is Ganpati Gadad.
A trekker’s encounter with this impressive place is truly mesmerizing. Fogged waterfalls on the way to Ganpati Gadad is one of the few reasons in the list and one of the few reasons why Ganpati Gadad is a must-visit. Ganpati Gadad is also known as Ganesh caves. A series of 6 to 7 caves awaits this monsoon to be explored again and again. Ganpati Gadad is one of the famed adventure destinations for trekkers and adventure lovers. A monsoon trek to Ganpati Gadad is a must especially for those who seek a blissful experience. Exploring 6 to 7 caves at Ganpati Gadad makes this treks an exciting adventure along with trekking.
About the place
One starts the journey from a path from dense forest to this beautiful destination from Palu, Sonawale a village located in Murbad which is the base village of the trek. Naneghat Trek, Gorakhgad Trek, Dhakoba Fort Trek, Gorakhgad Fort trek, Machindragad are some treks to name which are available nearby this enchanting location. From the small village located in Murbad named Sanawale village, one would reach the destination in 2.3 hours. Located in Thane district, GnapatiGadad is one of the moderate treks near Mumbai. Trekkers come across drenched green valleys, cool winds, hovering clouds, and thrilling waterfalls during this time of the year which is monsoon. During your trek, while walking across a few fields and beautiful streams take a right to start your adventure by climbing the mountain trunk. The caves of GanpatiGadad will be soon visible and one needs to climb higher on the left side of the caves. The view here is scenic. The front view would be of a fort named ‘Durg’. On the right-hand side one will also see the scenic view of ‘Siddhagad’, ‘Gorakhgad’, and ‘Machindragad’. If you turn to your left you can see ‘Dhakoba’, ‘Jivdhan’ and ‘Naneghat’
Finally, after reaching the caves, the first cave will greet you with a small milky waterfall. You will find such small fogy waterfalls and streams while trekking. Hence this is one of the ‘must-do’ treks during the monsoon season.
Batch 1: Sunday, 13h September 2020
Without travel Pune & Mumbai: Rs 800 /-
With travel Mumbai: Rs 1350/- (Pickup: Borivali, Malad, Andheri, Bandra, Dadar, Thane, Kalyan )
With travel and Lunch: Rs 1499/- (Veg or Non-Veg and Jain)
**10 Minimum participants based on first come first serve**
Whatapp 7666606704 before booking
COVID Guidelines :
- Mask and maintaining social distance with others is mandatory throughout the trip.
- Buses will be fully sanitized before the use.
- Carrying your own sanitizers, gloves, face shield and mask is compulsory.
- Food will be freshly cooked and packed as per WHO guidelines.
- Surrounded by historic forts like Dhakoba Fort, Nanheghetect.
- Beautiful small Waterfalls which form a white curtain over the caves.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Borivali To Borivali
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Snacks (On Extra Cost)
- SR Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than the above mentioned inclusion
Day 1 : Sunday
- 05.50 am Meet Leader at Oberoi mall, Goregaon
- Start our Journey
- Pick up's
- Dadar TT Circle
- Teen Hath Naka
- 07:00 am– Leave for GanpatiGadad
- 07:30 am– Breakfast Enroute
- 09:30 am– Reach base village
- 10:00 am – Start ascending towards the Caves
- 12:00 pm– Reach the top
- 02:00 pm– Packed Lunch at Top
- 03:00 pm– Start descend
- 05:00 pm– Evening snacks and chai
- 08:00 pm –Reach Mumbai
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water
- Trekking Shoes
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Raincoat/ Poncho/ Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Camera (Optional)
- Medicines (As per personal requirement)
- Hand Sanitizer, Mosquito Repellant, Hand Sanitizer
Monsoon Safety Measures
- Put clothes, money, camera, phone, etc. in polythene bags while packing
- Wear shoes with a good grip
- Use insect repellents to keep bugs away
- Make note of the nearest railway station, bus stop, taxi stand, etc.
- Do not stray away from your group during the trek
- Keep family & friends informed about your whereabouts
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- Paytm - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
1- Are there any other pickup points :
- Yes, we have other pickup points from both Mumbai and Pune.
- Mumbai: Goregaon, Dadar, Thane
- Pune: Shaniwarwada, Wakad Bridge
2- Are washrooms available during the trek?
- No washrooms are available during the trek. However, you can use the washroom at Matheran.
3- Can we bring our vehicle till the base village and is parking available?
- Parking is available in Matheran, Parking fee will be applicable, Car owners parks at own risk.
4- Is Jain food available on this trek?
- Yes, we can arrange Jain food for the trek.
5- What are the compulsory things to carry on the trek?
- Please carry 1-2 liters water, rainwear, wear good trekking shoes, wear a full t-shirt and track pants.
6- Will we reach Mumbai Pune on time mentioned?
- The itinerary is approx time during monsoon road conditions are bad there may be delay due to bus breakdown or bad weather in case bus reaches late Trekhievers will not pay for uber or ola or taxi fare.
*** We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / Rafting / Trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow friends or other people from our group or outside.****