Dudhsagar is one of the world's most exquisite falls. It lies high up in the Mandovi River's watershed and so is not particularly spectacular during the dry season. During the monsoon season, however, the falls are transformed into one of the most powerful falls in India. Dudhsagar Falls is listed as India's fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m. The water plummets hundreds of meters (over a thousand feet) in large volumes during the rainy monsoon season, forming one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in Goa. It is a major part of the Goa ecosystem. It is a four-tiered waterfall with a total height of 310 meters (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 meters (100 feet)
The famous photograph of Trains passing through before the waterfalls can be seen in this route and also the complete stretch of the falls will be visible while you hike towards the waterfalls.
Dudhsagar Waterfalls- springing from a lofty height of 600m is located on the Goa-Karnataka border. It lies at a distance of 60 km from Panaji and 10 km from Colem Railway Station. Dudhsagar Falls (literally Sea of Milk ) is a tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the Indian state of Goa on Goa's border with Karnataka state. It is four-tiered.
- Magnificent View of Dudhsagar Waterfall.
- 16 kms walk through Railway track with Beautiful Nature.
- Train passes through a fall, Memorable for Photography.
- Famous spot from Chennai Express Movie.
- India’s fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m
Day 1 (Saturday):
Travellers from Mumbai and Pune are suppose to join us at 03:30 pm outside the Cloak room (Pune Juction)
We will have a small round of introduction.
Board 12780 Goa Express (Non AC Sleeper) by 04.30 pm & proceed towards Kulem.
Day 2 (Sunday):
Reach Kulem by 4:35 am (approx), start trekking towards the Dudhsagar Waterfall (14 kms) by track route. Reach Dudhsagar by 09:00 am (approx). Enjoy the scenic view of the Dudhsagar Waterfalls and the journey too. Have Breakfast and start the trek back to Kulem.
Reach Kulem by 03:00 pm. Have lunch.
Mumbai Participants will move to Madgaon Station by Train. From Madgoan Station Catch 12620 / Matsyagandha Express
Pune Participants will catch the Goa Express at 16:36 Hrs. Reach Pune by 04:30 Hrs
Day 3 (Monday) :
Reach Mumbai/Pune early morning . The tour ends here with lot of pleasant memories of Dudhsagar Falls.
What is included in the tour
- Sleeper Class tickets from Pune-Kulem- Madgaon– Mumbai/Pune
- Kulem To Madgaon general tickets
- Dudhsagar Jungle entry tickets
- Breakfast, Lunch (Veg) on Day 2 (Sunday)
- Expertise and guide charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food on train (Saturday)
- Packaged Water/Beverages
- Train tickets from Mumbai-Pune
- Tax as applicable
- Any kind of insurance, Softdrinks etc.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusions.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.