Are you bored with the daily routine and feel like quitting the concrete jungles? Well, then to get you closer to the wild and give a laid back feel to your summer days, here’s a chance to explore the backwaters of Maldoli with Crocodile Safari and beach hopping. When the city pollution is soaring the tempreture it’s the right time to hit the naturescopic places and enjoy every bit of the summer days.
Situated on the banks of river Vashisht, Maldoli is surrounded by petite islands and backwaters. You can chill and enjoy exploring the village to relieve weekday stress. Watching huge crocodiles in and around the backwaters is indeed a pleasure for photography enthusiasts. Along with crocodiles, you’ll be able to spot a plethora of birds such as the heron, eggret, ibis, eagle, common kingfisher, sandpiper and lots more. The boat ride will be a joy ride, taking you closer to these wonderful creatures.
Maldoli is a perfect hideout for all the big reptiles, especially crocodiles. The picturesque nature trail and little hamlets would definitely take you on a nostalgia ride. Thanks to the flowing backwaters and pristine surroundings, your trip to Maldoli is the perfect way to soothe your soul amidst nature.
Along with Maldoli Crocodile Safari we shall also visit Guhagar beach to watch the setting sun and dip into the sea. Spending a relax full evening at the beach is bound to soothe your nerves. There are a few temples near Guhagar beach, if time permits we shall make a visit.
Dates - 16 March To 18 March 2021
05:00 pm Meet the SR team at Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM, near Dadar (E) station
05:30 pm Depart from Dadar
06:00 pm :Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
06:30 pm : Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
07:00 am :Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
After a 6 hrs overnight, drive in AC bus wake up to this beautiful place called Maldoli – A home to Crocodiles. Check in and get fresh. We serve you delicious home made breakfast and leave for morning sightings. Get on your boats and be ready to witness the wilderness floating and lazing around the river banks. Click pictures and spend beautiful time at the breezy backwaters. Post morning sightings come back to the home stay and have lunch. Take a power nap and wake up to visit Guhagar beach.
Guhagar beach is popular for its magnificent sunset and clean sand beach coast. Play games at the beach and visit temples. At night, come back to your home stay and play games till your yummy dinner gets ready. Have Dinner and hit the bed.
Wake up to the beautiful island and go for a quick walking stroll. Have breakfast and freshen up so that you get set for the 2nd sighting. Again you get a chance to witness this living creatures. Once second sighting is completed you can come back to the home stay and have lunch. Post lunch pack your bags and get ready to visit Vyadeshwar Temple enroute.
Day 3: Visit Gowalkot Fort. Start return journey to Mumbai and reach by 8 pm.
How to Register:
Step -1: - Send your money to the following account ---
√ Payment details:
- While online transfer, please provide your name in the notes section.
- Once payment is done, please send an email to Sahyadriranger@gmail.com with transaction id, name, and Mobile No.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – 7666606704@kotak
- Google Pay (Tez) – 7666606704
- PhonePay - 7666606704
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name: SAHYADRI RANGERS TREKS AND TOURS
- A/c type: Current account
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Goregaon
- A/C no.: 100263400000762
- IFSC: YESB0001002
Step-2: After payment, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory disclaimer form online where you have to fill in relevant details including full address.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & Organizer will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination, We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available in WhatsApp.
For Details/Bookings Drop Whatsapp: +91 7666606704
Things to Carry
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Energy Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf, sunscreen etc.
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Sleeping bag or bed sheet
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- Identity Card
COVID Safety Guidelines
- Each member of the group (participants/leaders/ clients & staff) wears a protective mask while interacting with each other. Do carry few unused, disposable masks.
- It is strongly recommended to wear caps, full sleeves shirts, and full trousers and shoes for adventure activities. It reduces exposure to your body parts.
- It should be ascertained from the participants that they are not residing / have not traveled in a containment zone and have not come in contact with any person who was tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Ascertain whether any participant has any symptoms of Influenza-like illness (ILI) like fever, dry cough, weakness, severe body ache, etc. at the time of the beginning of the activity. If it is so then he/she should be asked not to participate actively and be evacuated on medical grounds and should be asked to report to the local health authorities with his own expenses.
- Strictly avoid eating gutkha, pan masala, cigarette, or sniffing which induces spitting, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your face when outdoors.
- If the location of your adventure activity is too crowded then be prepared to leave or wait for the crowd to disperse/for your turn.
- It is mandatory that a participant informs the organizers if he tests positive for COVID within 14 days of returning from adventure activity. It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons in the group so that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard. Here it is absolutely essential that the participant observes
transparency and informs the organizers/group leaders about his COVID test results.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as SR won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
- Dear Rangers, always remember SHOES are your best companion on a trek! Please wear a good pair of TREKKING SHOES and not sports or running shoes. Make sure they are durable and firm enough to withstand tough conditions. You can carry floaters to wear only after the trek is completed. Feel free to contact SR buddies prior to the trek in case of any confusion.
Fitness & Health:
Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets can be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
SAHYADRI RANGERS POLICIES :
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- A detailed schedule of the trek will be given later to registered participants on the WhatsApp group.
- Organizers have all the right to modify or change the schedule if required.
- Organizers hold the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow no alcohol, no drugs, and no litter policy.
The tour is weather based and depends on the weather conditions. There may be last-minute cancellations if weather conditions deteriorate.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by private A/C bus- Mumbai to Mumbai
- Food: Breakfast, lunch and tea/coffee
- Triple or Quadruple Sharing Accommodation
- Crocodile safari entry and boating charges
- SR Trekking Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- 5% GST