A 13 kilometer jungle stretch located in the midst of Tamhini ghat with dense vegetation and beautiful flora. Andharban, which literally translates to Dark Forest, lives up to its name. The forest trail unwinds through several streams, waterfalls and giant trees. The trail offers some of the most spectacular views of Kundalika valley and surrounding mountain ranges within Tamhini ghat.
The major attraction of the forest is sightings of butterflies. The forest is surrounded by colourful butterflies, specially the Blue Mormons which is also known as the State butterfly of Maharashtra.
21-22 Sep 2019
- Type: Valley / Jungle descend the trail
- Range: Mulshi, Pune
- Base Village: Tamhini
- Grade: Medium
- Trek Distance: 13 Km
- Cost: Rs. 1350/- per person
What is included in the tour
- MUMBAI : To & Fro travel from Dadar to Base village by private vehicle.
- PUNE : Deccan to Deccan in private bus
- Guide Charges.
- Entry Charges.
- Expertise Charges.
- First Aid Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above.
Itinerary for Mumbai:
Day 01: Saturday
Meeting point: Swaminarayan Temple, Dadar East @ 11:00 PM
Travel by private bus
Pick up points:
11:15 pm : Departure from Dadar
11:30 pm : Pickup from K Star Mall , Chembur
11.45 pm : Pickup from Sec 17, Vashi (Below the flyover)
12.00 am : Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
Overnight journey to the base village (Pimpri)
Day 02: Sunday
05:00 AM: Reach base village and freshen up
06:00 AM: Breakfast and tea, Introduction
07:30 AM: Start the trail
01:00 PM: Halt for snacks break
03:00 PM: Reach end point of the trail, Bhira Dam
Freshen up and explore Bhira Dam
03:30 Have Lunch
04:30 PM: Proceed towards Mumbai.
Reach Mumbai around 09:30 PM depending on traffic
Itinerary For Pune:
Meeting & Pick Up Point - Deccan (PMT Bus Stand)
1. Depart from Pune 12:00 AM by a Private bus.
2. Reach Pimpri Village 3:30 AM
3. Rest/Sleep till morning for Mumbai participants to come.
4. Small Introduction session and trek guidelines
5. Start trek 7:30 AM
6. Halt for snacks break.
7. Reach Bhira Dam 3 PM(Trek Ends)
8. Lunch at Bhira village.
9. Freshen up and start return journey to Pune. Reach Pune by 8:30PM