The Bhimashankara temple (one of 12 Jyotirlings) is a composite of old and the new structures and is built in the Nagara style of architecture. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The Shikhara of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. The great Maratha ruler Shivaji is also said to have made endowments to this temple to facilitate the carrying out, of worship services. As with other Shiva temples in this area, the sanctum is at a lower level.
Bhimashankar trek is known to be one of the best treks in Sahyadri ranges and this time we will be ascending via Shidi ghat (Ladder route) & descending via Ganesh ghat to make it more interesting. The forest of Bhimashankar is paradise for nature lovers as it hosts several exotic specie of wildlife and the most famous of all being the elusive rust-colored giant squirrel (Ratufa Indica Elphinstoni) — the state animal of Maharashtra.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Karjat to Karjat
- All meals.
- Guidance and expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusions.
CST–Karjat local timetable
11:18 pm: CST
11:25 pm: Byculla
11:31 pm: Dadar
11:39 pm: Kurla
11:44 pm: Ghatkopar
11:54 pm: Mulund
11:58 pm: Thane
12:11 am: Dombivali
12:18 am: Kalyan
01:11 am: Karjat
01.45 am: Move to Khandas
Day 1: Sunday
03:00 am - Reach Khandas and Rest
05:00 am - Wake up call.
06.00 am - Start trek to Bhimashankar via Shidi Ghat after Breakfast and Tea.
11:00 am - Reach Bhimashankar and Explore.
12.30 pm - Have Lunch
01.30 pm - Start descending by Ganesh Ghat
06:00 pm - Reach Khandas and move to Karjat
07:15 pm - Reach Karjat and take the next train to Pune/Mumbai
Things to Carry :
- 3 lit water (Must)
- Proper rain-gears like Umbrella / Raincoat / Windcheater (Must)
- Packs things properly to protect from rain (Must)
- Torch with extra batteries (Must)
- Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant.(Must)
- Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
- Sunscreen, Mosquito repellant,Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
- (For 1 day trek not needed)Proper Bedding like Sleeping Bag and Mat / 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets (Must)
- Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
- Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
- Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
- A haversack to put in all the things.
- Good to have stick for support.
- Identity Card
- No smoking.
- No plastic littering.
- Wear full sleeves, full track suite for protection.
- Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
- Conserve and preserve our heritage.
- No deodorant / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
- We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
- – Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.